Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Player Client - Forge Window position

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Player Client - Forge Window position

Post by coltdorsey »

Problem: On the player client, the Forge Window gets hidden behind the graphics window, instead of positioned in the text/notification window. Inscribe and Quest work as expected. Other testers on the player client have reported their Forge window is positioned correctly, therefore it seems to be isolated to my computer.

My laptop is widescreen, 1600 x 900 resolution.

Solution: I changed the screen resolution from 1600 x 900 to 1024 x 768. I changed the color depth from 32 bit to 16 bit. After setting these changes, I ran the player UL client with 1024 x 768 resolution and Exclusive Mode unchecked. tried variations of this combination and only this set seemed to work for me.

Since the forge window behavior seems isolated to me so far, my solution may serve best for troubleshooting, rather than attempting to find a bug and fix it, however use your own discretion.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: Player Client - Forge Window position

Post by Koi-Spark »

I've seen a similar issue but only with the GM Forge. Granted, it may happen with player forge, too, but I haven't used that much during testing so far.

I thought it was an issue I was having with the agent login because that window may have been open when the GM Forge window opened, but I don't know for sure. As you describe, the forge window appears behind the viewport and cannot be accessed.

Continue testing and please document as best you can what works or not and when.

Thanks,
Koi-Spark
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support