Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mouse Look and Music?

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Joandaltha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Joandaltha

Mouse Look and Music?

Post by Joandaltha »

Hi, I was looking at the game settings and noticed a key that would enable mouse look. I set it and it didn't seem to work. Is this a bug or a feature from a previous version that is not enabledoing? Also I noticed a music volume slider, yet have never heard any music. Is that a thing that is the same situation?
Sorsha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sorsha

Re: Mouse Look and Music?

Post by Sorsha »

At one time there was ambient music, it was quite lovely . I believe the Composer is listed in the credits, or used to be anyways.

Not sure about the mouse look
++SC++
++Quipster++
++Master Sender++
++Idealist++
++Wanderer++
++Opportunist++
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Matt Fate did the music. I haven't been able to get in touch with him to see about any possible way to recover it, but it should've been included with the license. Mouse Look I don't believe works properly. It works but it basically just locks the mouse cursor in the center of the screen so when you move the mouse you change the angle your character is looking. It should be a toggle, but I don't remember now.
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

Wasn't the Underlight music in Lyra days made by Richard Bone? An agreement came through after much heated discussions revolving around the track names for his album Ether Dome. I'll link to it and let you figure out why...

Here's a press release regarding the addition of music to Lyra's Underlight:
http://www.gamezone.com/news/lyra_studi ... underlight

Here's a page with the tracklist for Ether Dome
https://www.discogs.com/Richard-Bone-Et ... lease/4037

Note that Incubus, Silverwake and SocietyX were all player names in UL at the time. The artist defended that these names were inspired by medical terminology, calenture being a feverish delirium, and so on...

The more you know!
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Mouse Look has always been a bit flakey and never worked all too well with the interface. I suppose we could spend lots of time trying to improve it, but it seems like a feature not many people were keen to use.

Background Music (created by Richard Bone, as shown on the in-game credits) was disabled at the launch of Clash of Dreams due to technical issues, but wasn't removed from the Options screen because we had plans to integrate it again in the future.

I'm happy to say that the original music will be returning in the next patch. The installer will have an option for music so you can choose to download the files or not. Additional music may be added as well.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Joandaltha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Joandaltha

Post by Joandaltha »

Excellent to hear about the music. I was thinking about the ways mouse look would be beneficial, but also be a pain in the butt. It would make combat easier, but would definitely require planning and setting up item hotkeys.
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

i'm one of those mutant lefties... i'd lve to havve mouse look, having to switch hands all the time can get annoying and i got used to the mouse look with other games. hopefully at some time it can be fixed.
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Koi-Spark wrote:Mouse Look has always been a bit flakey and never worked all too well with the interface. I suppose we could spend lots of time trying to improve it, but it seems like a feature not many people were keen to use.

Background Music (created by Richard Bone, as shown on the in-game credits) was disabled at the launch of Clash of Dreams due to technical issues, but wasn't removed from the Options screen because we had plans to integrate it again in the future.

I'm happy to say that the original music will be returning in the next patch. The installer will have an option for music so you can choose to download the files or not. Additional music may be added as well.

Can I play Skyrim's "The Song of the Dragonborn" instead?
Inzoum
Dreamer

Post by Inzoum »

Malarky wrote:Can I play Skyrim's "The Song of the Dragonborn" instead?
Why am I picturing you yelling "FUS-RO-DAH!!" in front of your monitor as your character evokes Push?
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

I'd just run around shouting MUSTARD JAR!
Inzoum
Dreamer

Post by Inzoum »

Malarky wrote:I'd just run around shouting MUSTARD JAR!
Bwa hahahaha!
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
Sorsha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sorsha

Post by Sorsha »

Like!
++SC++
++Quipster++
++Master Sender++
++Idealist++
++Wanderer++
++Opportunist++
Silverwake
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Silverwake

Post by Silverwake »

To all,

I am actually the one who introduced Richard Bone to Brent and team back when I was a GM at the time with Lyra Studios. Richard had done an internet search looking for material to name his tracks and stumbled across "Underlight." I believe he had reached out to me via email and that's how we connected? I thought his project was so interesting that I teamed him up with Brent out in Los Angeles. Richard then dedicated one of his songs to my character's name when he was writing music for his new album. I actually got him to "play" the game once and walked him through Threshold. If memory serves me correctly, I was a "DJ" at the time back in college on the radio... In any case, it was a great experience and it added another level to the game that most people wouldn't have thought of. Just wanted to share how this connection came to be and set the record straight for anyone who was interested...
Regards,

Silverwake
Ex-Master Teacher (FS)
Founder of the Fatesender Guild

Dreamsmith
Evangelist
Original Prankster

On the adventures of your journey, walk the path less traveled for that is where obstacles present themselves and true learning occurs.