Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Client consistently crashing at log-in

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Client consistently crashing at log-in

Post by Coraal »

Hello Underlight Team,

So I'm having an odd situation with the client on my PC. I had no issues playing last night, at all, no storms or anything like that. However, after I logged out and attempted to log back in, the client stopped working. I keep getting the P-Lyra has stopped working message and the client just closes.

I have attempted to troubleshoot - updated drivers, created new firewall rules, and attempted to uninstall/re-install the client. None of these has resolved the issue. So I'm at a loss now as to what to do next.

The PC I am on is using Windows 10 and this is the first time this has happened, and seemingly at random. I usually play on my laptop (also windows 10) but have zero issues on it. Unfortunately, the laptop is three states away at the moment (I'm visiting home) and I am looking for some help in getting this resolved. Is there anything you might suggest in addition to what I've attempted on my end to get this issue corrected?

Any help you or insight you can provide will be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening!
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: Client consistently crashing at log-in

Post by Koi-Spark »

Since you've already done some useful troubleshooting, this will sound like a silly question, but since you didn't explicitly state it as something you tried, I have to ask...
Have you tried turning it off and back on?

A computer restart usually does wonders for me when I've seen a similar error.

If that hasn't fixed your problem, I'm not sure what else I can suggest, honestly. It does seem quite odd to just crash at launch like that with no explanation. And since you didn't do anything out of the ordinary prior, it's especially confusing.

Have you also tried to fully uninstall the game, restart your computer, then reinstall? Does the same thing happen if you reboot in safe mode (in an attempt to rule out any third-party software issues)?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Coraal
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Coraal

Post by Coraal »

Thank you for answering, Koi-Spark!

I appreciate your help. I did shut down and then restarted my computer but that didn't get the client working again.

However, I was able to figure out the problem.

It seems the one of the most recent Windows 10 updates, regarding a mal-ware/spyware detection and removal program, was causing the issue. I uninstalled and reinstalled the update and the client is unaffected and working fine.

Had no idea that would cause something like this and didn't even consider looking there. It was only when I ran out of options that I started looking at recent updates (Windows 10 updates have been a problem for me before so I should have figured).

Thanks again so much for your help!
~¢~
No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
Buddha
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

Glad you got it figured out! It would be a sad dream without Coraal. I just shut the computer off and keep it moving until a later time. That usually works for me!
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

it's becaause windows 10 was made by darkmares....