Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Problem loading client

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Problem loading client

Post by Dakkoth »

Hello,

I downloaded the game now that it supports Windows 10 and would like to come back playing. However, when I load the game it looks as if I'm about to load the game then my screen blinks and game minimizes to task bar. When I bring it up, it's not full screen, the game window is transparent (as in I can see my desktop instead of the game) but all the controls on the bottom and right side (items, arts, etc.) all work.

Has anyone had this problem before? I've tried opening it a dozen times. I've tried reinstalling a few times. Once I was able to go in without a hitch. But I logged out and then back in and same issue all over again.

Mike
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Re: Problem loading client

Post by Dakkoth »

UPDATE:

I seem to have found a work around. After it minimizes and I restore it, if I click in the area where the game should be displaying, it will then maximize to the entire screen where I can see everything the way it should be.

I suppose this means problem avoided but not quite problem solved. In any case, I can play again.

Mike
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Are you running a program that maximizes your game apps to borderless windowed mode?
kendo
Dreamer
Character Name(s): kendo,and those two other dudes

Post by kendo »

I use the same workaround dakkoth mentioned.. still i have to do it 4 or 5 times. I find its worse when im relogging in
There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. -Edmund Burke

“Who needs sports stardom when you can shoot fireballs from your fingertips?”
― Ethan Gilsdorf
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

It sounds like there is another program interrupting the game when it launches - it won't minimize unless another program (or the desktop) pulls focus. It could be a firewall asking for permission for Underlight to access the network/internet, video card software making changes to the display after Underlight changes the resolution and color depth, or a countless list of other possibilities. What other applications are running in the background?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
kendo
Dreamer
Character Name(s): kendo,and those two other dudes

Post by kendo »

Personally I ONLY experience this when I exit the game and immediately try to re-enter or i time out and try to re-enter. If I've just firing it up for the first time I never get it
There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. -Edmund Burke

“Who needs sports stardom when you can shoot fireballs from your fingertips?”
― Ethan Gilsdorf