Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

My log keeps disappearing

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

My log keeps disappearing

Post by Noidea »

Every so often I open my log file and find it's started again at some point and all previous entries have disappeared. Currently, it doesn't go back any further than "Thu May 19 19:44:34 2016: Start Log
Thu May 19 19:44:34 2016: Welcome back, Dreamer.",
so I assume that that was when the log last got overwritten in this way. I save a backup copy of it whenever I remember, but I never know when the log-eating monster is next going to strike, so it's really not helpful! Have other players been getting this and does anyone know what's causing it?
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: My log keeps disappearing

Post by Sidas »

It auto rotates. You should have backup log files in the same directory.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Re: My log keeps disappearing

Post by Noidea »

Didn't quite follow what you said but Cianne explained in a PM. So you're saying that the game automatically makes a backup every now and then, in the same directory as the main log, and then starts the main log file again from scratch? Thanks - I had a look and they are indeed there. That's a relief, I might never have found them otherwise. You see, I'd been mistaking them for just the backup files I'd sporadically made myself, which I knew were incomplete - they were numbered exactly the same way as mine. That puzzled me a lot when I noticed it, but I think what must have happened is that I'd seen one of the automatic backups, thought it was a previous one I'd made, and numbered subsequent ones to match!
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.