Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Frequent Crashing

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Frequent Crashing

Post by FrigginAwesome »

So, I suspect this is an issue with my computer, and not with Underlight, but here goes.

My game crashes, quite frequently; 4-5 times a night, if I'm lucky, and most nights I'm not. It seems to happen more often when people are moving, as is often the case in combat.

There is no error report; Windows just says "P-Lyra has stopped working" and searches for a solution, unsuccessful in finding one, naturally.

I'm not sure what can be done, how to fix this. I've tried running in compatibility mode, but that creates lag when changing zones (as noted in another post) and didn't solve the issue of frequent crashes.

I'm running Windows 7, and have no error report to supply with the crash.

Anyone have any ideas I might try to fix this? Anyone faced similar difficulties?
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: Frequent Crashing

Post by Cherokee »

I was experiencing the same issue back in December, as posted about here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1746

I still don't know what caused it or what fixed it, but it eventually stopped after about three weeks. I have Windows 7 as well. Did you try running updates?
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Post by FrigginAwesome »

I have run updates.

It does seem to be an inconsistent problem; some nights I don't have many issues, and other nights I can scarcely play for 5 minutes without crashing. It definitely seems to trigger more often while a lot of movement is going on, but without a specific error report, I'm not really sure what to do about it.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Have you tried toggling the 'Use UDP'/'Use TCP' checkboxes on your client launcher? You may be dropping packets and the client is thinking you're DC'd.
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Post by FrigginAwesome »

I currently have that box checked, and know that at one point I didn't have it checked; I'll try it again and see if unchecking the box helps any.

Thanks for the tip.