Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Slow Zoning?

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Slow Zoning?

Post by Uthanatos »

So I'd noticed that I zone between players slower, which isn't a big deal, but sometimes it's 30 seconds to transition, often, mares don't catch up to themselves on my screen for 15-20 seconds after I enter a room, I've checked my network and latency, it's not anything to do with my internal network, and running a GTX780 So I can't fathom it being a graphics processing issue. Honestly, the whole system is top of the line, so it has to be a glitch in a setting somewhere. Anyone familiar with the game engine have any ideas?
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Re: Slow Zoning?

Post by Noidea »

Can confirm that this is happening for me in certain places, too, if you're referring to the same phenomenon I think you are. I'll walk out onto Trinity from Threshold, the emphant that lives out there will stand frozen at the top of the steps for a second and then disappear, and I don't see it again until it suddenly appears next to me out of thin air and biffs me.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Yeah, not only that but it can take me 30 seconds to make that transition, in which time the people I'm following have already gone through and hopped through the next two planes
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

Uthanatos & Noidea,

Good morning,

Have you noticed this issue still present in the specific areas you mentioned? I'm also curious if anyone else has experienced this phenomenon?

Regards,
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Post by FrigginAwesome »

I've experienced something like this when I run Underlight in compatibility mode with a different operating system.

I'm running Windows 7, at the moment, and no longer run in compatibility mode.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

aaand yes, it was running in XP compatability, now that I've switched it to 7, it seems to be fixed.
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Noidea
Dreamer

Post by Noidea »

I'm running Windows Vista, not in any kind of compatibility mode as far as I know. The Trinity emphant seems to have solved the problem by vanishing, at least I haven't seen it for about three days; a few others do it but only for a few seconds, not the length of time the Trinity one did. And I never had the problem with taking a long time to switch rooms.
Noidea
Dreamer

Post by Noidea »

The Trinity emphant is back and up to its old tricks as before.
Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

FrigginAwesome wrote:I've experienced something like this when I run Underlight in compatibility mode with a different operating system.

I'm running Windows 7, at the moment, and no longer run in compatibility mode.
FrigginAwesome, thank you for sharing this information. Also, Noidea, I believe the emphant in Trinity with his bag of tricks is a completely different issue altogether. It is probably something about that particular spawn point and the entry point of dreamer + current AI. The emphant in the next room/plane does not exhibit this behavior I've noticed. At least from the portal I tried it from.

We'll add a note about compatibility mode in the readme.txt that ships with the client. --- As for that pesky emphant, well, we may be able to take his bag of tricks away =P
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC