Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Mares have broken eyes

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
rWilricson
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Will Ricson

Mares have broken eyes

Post by rWilricson »

So I just came in randomly to roleplay as a mare, when I noticed everything a dreamer says turns into gibberish. Personally, I find that's awesome. What I don't find awesome however is the fact actions are turned into gibberish aswell... I assume that's not intended to be like that because while we speak two different languages, a dreamer smiling shouldn't mean I see him K qwix trost-in as a mare
The Mistress squeezes Will Ricson, a sharp cut smile forms across her face
The Mistress: sssexy and juicey
Synteny: I can't.
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Re: Mares have broken eyes

Post by Jiovanni »

In regards to your observations as a playermare - I believe the intent is to prevent players from attempting to "communicate" with mares through emotes.

For example: ">Dreamer A gestures for you to attack Pikachu113" or ">Dreamer B yells "Don't attack me. I'm Dreamer B! Your friend!"

It can be said that the player mares are truly chaotic creature and only understand chaos and aggression. There are a myriad of reasons why they cannot understand dreamers or even their "actions". It's not a bug, its an intended design.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

I kind of figured that they were meant to be player controlled monsters. A way to get some aggression out for some of the drama in game Lol. It was fun dealing with Dirt by the way, just had no idea what it was he wanted *laughs*
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Jiovanni wrote:In regards to your observations as a playermare - I believe the intent is to prevent players from attempting to "communicate" with mares through emotes.

For example: ">Dreamer A gestures for you to attack Pikachu113" or ">Dreamer B yells "Don't attack me. I'm Dreamer B! Your friend!"

It can be said that the player mares are truly chaotic creature and only understand chaos and aggression. There are a myriad of reasons why they cannot understand dreamers or even their "actions". It's not a bug, its an intended design.
This made more sense in Lyra since there were far more players. These days, most of us can identify who someone is by their general look so it's mostly become a RP inhibitor more than anything.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Sidas wrote: This made more sense in Lyra since there were far more players. These days, most of us can identify who someone is by their general look so it's mostly become a RP inhibitor more than anything.
PMares are not an RP tool. Nobody should be using a PMare to RP. They enter, attack indiscriminately, and eventually leave. No reason to steal items from particular houses, either.

Your statement is more of an argument that pmares should not be able to distinguish between different dreamers at all - halos, crests, and even avatar and evoke colors should be removed from PMare vision.

That sounds like a terrific idea, actually.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

That sounds like a terrific waste of time.

My Pmare specifically was turned into a RP tool during the Agonarius RP, just as all Pmare controllers were specifically told TO discriminate (i.e. not attack Agonarius). However, my pmare -does- indiscriminately interact with whoever it comes upon.

To say a Pmare isn't a RP tool is to ignore the basics of what this game is and why it even exists.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Yeah, I don't think changing the Pmares is worth the time personally. I'd personally rather see new arts, roleplay tools, etc... With the dynamics of the game that I've seen so far.... we need a force that provides some drive to unite the player characters on a semi-regular basis. I know some people like non-stop fighting each other, at least as long as they have supplies, others would rather not have to deal with that constantly.

The mares give people some means of dealing with frustrations in game, get some additional experience, learn how to fight or polish fighting skills, and provide a unifying drive for people.. at least on a temporary basis. The occasional one doing something unexpected is kind of fun, but I don't really think mares should be "friends" of player characters. Just my pennies worth on it :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.