Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

HC missing a room?

Please list bugs discovered here. BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE IN DESCRIBING THE ERROR.
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

HC missing a room?

Post by Clarity »

Hc's Guardian Meeting Room is missing. Or rather, you get an error upon entering - "Room 17 in level 17 unknown" and the game client crashes. Screenshot of the error.

So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Re: HC missing a room?

Post by Koi-Spark »

We had a big report on this a few days ago. Investigated it and it was working fine - got in and out with no error. Is this happening for everyone? Does it always happen, or just sometimes?

Any details you can provide would be helpful.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Game Master, In-Game Support
Clarity
Dreamer

Post by Clarity »

Blade: Hah it's not as if we don't have enough of them ;p

Spark: I replicated the crash a couple different times in a row. Walk in, error. Closing the error closes the client. No arts on, so there wasn't anything particular causing a conflict. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing it, but I know LadySilver is at least - she's the one who gave me the heads up about it. I can ask folks from other houses w/ at least guardian rank to test it though, if it'll help. edit - It happens every time I walk in, coming from different directions when entering the house, entering the mb first, and just walking directly there. Enter portal, error, crash. None of the other meeting rooms do this, just Guardians Meeting Room.
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Clarity
Dreamer

Post by Clarity »

We asked Wolfgar to test it last night as well, same error and crash. So that's four people, five technically if you can count secondhand information, that have experienced the same error. ( :P )
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Post by FrigginAwesome »

Might be a difference between player and GM client.
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Okay, found what may have been causing the issue. Give it another try and let us know if everything is smooth sailing (err, rather teleporting) on your end.

Thanks for the investigative reporting ;)
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Clarity
Dreamer

Post by Clarity »

Nope, still broken. Except now I can't be in the same room as someone else with out my connection dropping, and their connection dropping, and my connection dropping, in an every-other-person pattern. Which, is probably unrelated.
Wolfgar
Dreamer

Post by Wolfgar »

Same here...very unstable....arts not working, and when they do locate/house member/sense are a bit off. The blame is no longer Hiro, it is now Clarity....Clarity is the root of all evil in the dream city and needs to be removed......send her back through the broken door to appease the portal Gods!!!!

Okay...having said that the same issues I am experiencing tonight at 6:15pm dst that she describes.

--Wolfgar

P.S......in the event Kage still dreams, Hiro remains at fault.....
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Ok! Restarted the server to get those changes in sync properly. Let me know if you're still having issues or not.
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Koi-Spark
Dreamer

Post by Koi-Spark »

Blade wrote:Works for me.
Let me be clear about something. Even though checking on or trying to reproduce a bug is an OOC issue, it doesn't give anyone the right to ignore the IC environment. HC is capable of checking their own Guardian Meeting Room, or finding an IC excuse to invite other house members inside for a meeting on their own terms.

Even with a bug, players are still expected to comply with the rules of Underlight, including remaining in character. Do not put other players in the awkward position of having to provide IC reasons to others for your OOC behavior.

Now, HC players, is your Guardian Meeting Room back to normal?
Koi-Spark,
Development Lead
Technical Admin/Support
Level Design, Artwork
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

Koi-Spark wrote:
Just tried it and it looks good.
Clarity
Dreamer

Post by Clarity »

Looks like I don't have to double check, but I will I'm sure. Thank you for fixing the issue so quickly, and to others who helped test it out to make sure it wasn't just me going crazy :P
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

Koi-Spark wrote:
Blade wrote:Works for me.
Let me be clear about something. Even though checking on or trying to reproduce a bug is an OOC issue, it doesn't give anyone the right to ignore the IC environment. HC is capable of checking their own Guardian Meeting Room, or finding an IC excuse to invite other house members inside for a meeting on their own terms.

Even with a bug, players are still expected to comply with the rules of Underlight, including remaining in character. Do not put other players in the awkward position of having to provide IC reasons to others for your OOC behavior.

But it would make IC sense for BladeSlayer to ignore HC's rules and just walk right in. It's up to him to accept any consequences regarding the action but it doesn't mean he's breaking any "Rules of Underlight" by doing so.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Thank you for the feedback regarding the 'bug'. It assisted us in addressing the issue with dispatch.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”