Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The future of Underlight

Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

The future of Underlight

Post by Koi-Cricket »

We would like to give a heart felt thank you to all of you that joined us on Friday night in the voice channel. It felt very strange, yet very nice, being able to actually see the faces and mannerisms of some of you. The feedback and ideas we received were a real foundation for what is to come.

Just to give you all a briefing of what is happening, the population has fluctuated so much this last year. Players have come and it seems like more players have gone, for whatever their reasons may be. We have been asked this question, do we end here, or do we go on.

Life has been busy and has been hectic for many players through the pandemic, we know this. I personally have not been as active because I lost one of the dearest people I had in my life. Someone that came to live with me years ago because her parents were poor and could not support her needs. This girl was amazing. I put her in a private school and she went on to college, and then to become a dental hygienist. She felt like a daughter to me, and it shook my world to the core when I lost her.

So now, a sincere apology to those that I may have seemed like I over looked, or acted like I did not care. A sincere apology that Grandma Jo was not in the market religiously. In a way I feel that same protection about you as a community and online family. When one is gone, the game suffers. If you have left the game and thought, Cricket or the team hates me, they don’t care if I play or not, then you are dead wrong. The loss of Purple Lace, Frey, Tamarisk, and Fin Marda, made myself and others shed real tears. It left a hole in the game and community.

The players that are still here though, and even the ones still lurking the forums, or sitting in discord, hoping for something.. the game is still here, and we can make it thrive. We can go on for the people we have lost, and for those that may find their way back one day.

We all know that the future of Underlight is still weighing in the balance. But our amazing roleplay team and support,is still carrying on as if we will make this thing work, and happen.

Over the next couple of weeks, you will begin to see stories unfolding and things happening. My hope is that you as a player, jump in with all you’ve got and say, you know what, I think I’ll go out of my comfort zone and really participate and see just how much fun I can have.

If you have personal items in locations throughout the city, we ask that you please hold them in your packs.

Work on bringing things that you are doing now to a close. And plan ahead for what is to come.
Directing Producer