We have a rather interesting update to the web-installer to announce today! If you go to https://underlight.com/download/ and install the game, you're going to find something new in your Underlight directory: A folder called PTR.
This is the Player Test Realm (PTR) for Underlight, where the players of Underlight can assist the Dev team in testing future releases. That's right! You'll be able to test the latest patches, giving feedback and ensuring that when it goes live the build is bug free!
There are some things to keep in mind however:
- The PTR server will only be open a few weeks to a month at a time, depending on the need of required stress testing.
- To access the PTR, simply log in using your character name and password as you usually would, but using the client found in the PTR folder.
- Please note that the PTR is not in sync with the live environment, but rather a snapshot of it. This means that your character's password, arts, spheres, and other stats likely won't match your character's current setup. If you've had a password change recently, and cannot get into the PTR, contact Support@Underlight.com.
- The PTR server is subject to change at any time, including character wipes/changes.
- All activities inside the PTR are considered OOC. Please do not expect any arts, orbits, or other features your character gains to be kept in the live server.
- Though it is OOC, we ask that all conversations in the PTR be kept focused on testing and bug discussion. Have fun, but remember why you're there, and make sure to log any bugs or suggestions on the designated forum.
Thank you, and happy dreaming!