Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The Next Chapter

Koi-Palloi
Senior GameMaster

The Next Chapter

Post by Koi-Palloi »

Hello players!

You may, over the course of the coming weeks and months, notice some subtle and not-so-subtle changes to Underlight. While that may come in the form of patches and features, it will also come in a variety of “In Character” changes as well.

As Underlight is a living, breathing environment, it is inevitable that these changes will have hiccups along the way. Our work here is aimed at facilitating a broad, deep, and engaging experience for players - A challenging task, given the broad interests and experience of the players we have.

So with all that being said, I’d like to introduce myself as your new roleplay lead. Worry not, Koi-Owl remains on the team and will continue supporting your roleplays.

I’ve been an avid fan and player of Underlight for the better part of 20 years and the game holds a special place in my heart. I consider it a privilege to play with you so that together we can write the next chapter of Underlight’s history.

In that spirit, I think a few guidelines will help assist players navigating new waters:

1) Houses are foundational to the Underlight experience. As such, Houses will be afforded a robust variety of new possibilities - Fortuitous, disastrous, and everywhere in between.

2) Your individual dreaming may have direct, significant impact on a House’s future.

3) There is an expanded spectrum and severity of “effects” that can happen to your character. Some of these effects may be quite long-term and severe. These more epic effects will be administered by GM’s but are ultimately in player hands.

4) Think about your environment.

5) Nightmare essences (Both strength & quantity) are substantially more useful and important than they have been.

6) Chaos is chaotic. When interacting with chaos, your mileage may vary, for better or worse.

On the OOC side, there are some structural and organizational changes happening on our end to improve support capabilities and streamline Roleplay requests. We’ll keep you posted as these roll out. Remember, you can reach out to us anytime at Roleplaying@underlight.com. I'd also like to note that the guidelines for RP Submissions & RP Reports (viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4757) still apply.

It is my sincere hope and belief that your greatest dreams yet await you.

I suppose we’ll find out together! See you in Underlight!

Koi-Palloi
RP Lead
Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Khalil Gibran