Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Development Update 5/15/14

Koi-Raven

Development Update 5/15/14

Post by Koi-Raven »

Dreamers,

Our first wave of "beta" testing has progressed nicely. While there is still much to do (unfortunately), I wanted to take a brief moment and update the community on the progress thus far and offer a glimpse into the way forward.

Most critically, we have been battling to get Underlight displaying properly in Windows 8. While I will not bore you with the technical details of the issue, suffice to say user interface rendering in Windows 8 is not pretty. We have made tremendous strides, and currently have a 'useable' player client that is still rough around the edges graphically.

The other major obstacle for us to clear before heading down the path towards release is that of player account management. We are currently in the process of working out the kinks in getting the old Lyra account system up and running. I will share further details on our progress as they come in.

Finally, I am pleased to announce that we will be increasing the number of users in the ongoing closed beta test. We are preparing a few final updates and hope to begin pulling new testers in as early as Saturday night (May 17th). Invites into this second wave of testing will go, by and large, to those of you who visit us in IRC. I know many of you are anxious to get back into the city to help us identify and iron out the remaining kinks, so I hope to see many more faces talking up the dream city in #clashofdreams soon!

Until next time,
Raven