Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Site Update & The Future

Koi-JorKyrin
System Administrator

Site Update & The Future

Post by Koi-JorKyrin »

Good morning,

Now that I have had a full cup of coffee, I can show a bit more excitement for the new site look and feel. Last night at about 11pm I pushed out our new look to both the forums, main-site and a slight logo change to the wiki site. The main reasoning for this is due to WordPress security issues which required us to ditch our prior theme and move to a newer, thus allowing us to use a newer version of wordpress.

The correct *coughs* database is now in place for the forums site. I had forgotten to switch the database files from the beta site to the new. I blame a tired JorK ;)

Other things to look out for that are currently in the works:

- A new account system: Our newest DEV / GM Koi-Seeker is working on a more secure user-friendly account system that will make it possible for password resets on accounts. Other features will include an easier character import path for requesting previous Lyra or SoT characters. While it will still require GM approval at the end of the day, there shouldn't be any confusion for the end-user to provide the information we need to begin the import process.
- Underlight and Windows 10: We are currently in talks with a developer (Won't name until we have confirmation to do so) to help push Underlight into the Windows 10 realm. We see this as our #1 biggest issue and hope to tackle it by the end of this year. Of course, we hope sooner, but we are all moving at the speed of volunteered time, so we hope you understand. We will provide updates to this project as it moves along.

Regards,
Koi - Jor'Kyrin
System Administrator
KoiWare, LLC