Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Roleplaying/New beginings

Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Roleplaying/New beginings

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Roleplaying/New beginnings

There are a lot of roleplaying games out there, but what makes Underlight so unique is the in character atmosphere that we have maintained over the years. Of course, sometimes there is crossover, slip ups, or occasional modern day references (songs, lyrics, etc. But the environment as a whole is purely roleplaying, and that is what makes Underlight stand out.

Many weeks back I had an idea for a particular build that I wanted to create for the game. With all the thought going into the build, it sparked an idea for a roleplay that I wanted to do after the reboot.

Cryptic and I began brain storming the build, the roleplay and its potential. It was discussed with the team and many members immediately came on board, even down to the city name that Serenity decided on.

Underlights era is set in mideviel times and is something I wish to heavily embrace after the upcoming patch. I feel like Lyra days it was embraced more than the other versions. Remember the bowing, and curtsies?

Since we have an opportunity to really twist and change things with this new beginning, the eclipse would be the most perfect time to bring in a new way of roleplaying and embrace things that have not been done in many many years since early Lyra.

Think of Kingdoms of far away lands, guardsmen, dietys, magic, castles, horsmen, the bowing and curtsies, the Knights at the round table, witches, barbarians, jousting tournaments which would involve standing in the stands while kings and queens sit across on the tower, looking down at players jousting (dual tournaments, or mare tournaments) cheering them on, walks in the garden and tea time, plaques that spread throughout the city. And so much more.

This would leave room for so many roleplay opportunities. Really taking Underlight back to an era far far away from modern day, leaving all of the real world and modern day references and sayings behind.

And as it stands right now with the upcoming patch, there are a lot of RP prompts that have been added/are being added/built into the game that fall perfectly in line with what Cryptic and I am wanting to try and push for the game. We have two brand new planes. One of them has six rooms right now, and the other has two. Think of a darkmare Kingdom, a King and Queens Kingdom, an elemental Kingdom. Several places throughout the city that serve some type of purpose for a RP need or a roleplay prompt that will hopefully interest someone in some way.

I do know everyone will not be on board. It may not be your cup of tea, and that is okay. Underlight will still hold a range of roleplays and a diversity of people. Remember. The story arc is going to be a merging of things. So the style of roleplay that you do is up to you always.

The backstories, the cities name, it all will coincide with these new beginnings while leaving room for so much more.

As always, if you want help with your characters story, ideas or help brain storming, feel free to reach out to us at roleplaying@underlight and we would be glad to help you :)
Directing Producer