Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

My Choice to return or Not

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Golah
Dreamer

My Choice to return or Not

Post by Golah »

So I have been back and forth about returning, and last week made the plunge to return full time or as full time as life allows right?

First, to the GM's I have noticed you folks are very very less heavy handed and seem to let the players take the city to where it leads, lending a hand now and again. In fact you remind me of the Lyrans of the past, in the days we were on Mplayer and players were supported not smacked, so well done on that.

At first I was not going to return, I saw players already getting into old groves, and not looking to change who or what they were, old news, bad story-line, it was just, I don't know weird to see us as adults trying to pick up where we left off, and some of the groups were, well lets just say I had no interest role-playing with them.

I am 45 today, I am a retired US Soldier, and I have served with some great people, I am not the same Controller of Golah as I was so many Eons ago, I have changed, and so should Golah, the problem is I did not know how I wanted him to change to reflect who I am as a person today, to effectively show that the years have made me better, smarter, or different. Until I recently spoke with some other returned players in character. Their alliance made me think, why can't I just simply let Golah become what he becomes, and drive forward.

So that is what I have been doing, most people tended to notice Golah is not a Typical Gatekeeper, which lines up so far with the Multi Focus one can obtain now, and at the same time, allows me a chance to play Golah in the new field I want to see him in.

So to players and GMs alike, I am glad to see us back and thriving, and thanks for all the fish.
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Re: My Choice to return or Not

Post by Shoury »

Welcome back brother!

-S
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

On behalf of our entire team.

Your welcome.

And I didn't know you were a dolphin. (As I am sure most folks didn't get the thanks for all the fish statement)

WishBringer - now you know what my name means.
42 - the answer to everything else.

Brian Clementoni
Clash Producer
Dina

Post by Dina »

Welcome back again!

Kailee was able to give Golah the one finger salute in game for leaving her "again"! Glad you're back!
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

Douglas Adams was the man, and I believe he would play underlight if he were alive today. His words and imagination brought to life a great series of books relating to earth, space, aliens, and of course the answer to life the universe and everything in it, 42. With that said, I am glad to be back, and the city is becoming better and better as each dream progresses. Between College, Moving, my company and what not I have every intention of making myself available, its been a great week back so far.
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Post by Shoury »

Golah wrote:Douglas Adams was the man, and I believe he would play underlight if he were alive today. His words and imagination brought to life a great series of books relating to earth, space, aliens, and of course the answer to life the universe and everything in it, 42. With that said, I am glad to be back, and the city is becoming better and better as each dream progresses. Between College, Moving, my company and what not I have every intention of making myself available, its been a great week back so far.
Call me when you get a chance brother, its been too long; we must catch up.

-S
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Glad to have you back. :) It was nice to see yesterday how fast Golah was back in step with everything. Definitely looking forward to pushing some of those ideas forward.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Tember
Dreamer

Post by Tember »

Welcome back, G!
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

Glad to have you back, Golah.
Hrrum
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Hrrum »

"You hear scratching sounds at Albino Caves.Sands of old rising and moving, you see one hairy leg out,two...10th. A broad smile, if you could call it a smile, emerges"

Spider is back, ladies hold on to your lovely pets. :)

Hrrum
Golah
Dreamer

Post by Golah »

I have yet to see ya, but look forward to it Hrrum was my buds
Wolflancer
Dreamer

Post by Wolflancer »

Welcome back Hrrum. I will have to find you in the game.