Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

confused

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

confused

Post by Brother Timothy »

I am mildly confused about what I read about the new revamp. Specifically house beliefs. It is hundreds of years in the future and we are all returning after being unable to access the dream for centuries. We all can seemingly remember as much as we want. The house beliefs have evolved. Why? If we have not been able to access the dream for centuries why would our beliefs evolve? Evolution does not happen just out of the blue, it happens in response to a force. That is the part that bothers me in two ways. First you seem to be implying that players do not get to choose their own beliefs. Second you seem to imply that house members do not get to choose the houses beliefs.
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Re: confused

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Because the population is low, and the polls suggested there be a revamp in story arc and beliefs. We are trying to bring in something new and fun because the game will not survive as is.
Directing Producer
Tentacle
Dreamer

Re: confused

Post by Tentacle »

As someone who has only mildly been following the recent discussions I too was confused.

To be clear, the CITY will be rolled forward 100 years according to what we know of the story information so far. That is an important clarification to make I suppose. How long of a period your character has not been able to access the City has not been determined, nor is it being forced, by the team as of the writing of this response. I suppose this is much like going to sleep, though you sleep for several hours it doesn't *feel* like hours have passed.

I will say that across the board Dreamers have not often changed nearly as much as they would over the period of their awakened state. Be it attitude, ideology, general knowledge, or interests. Perhaps this can see that change. Or not.
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper