Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Rise of the Datoken...

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Rise of the Datoken...

Post by Koi-Drama »

For those of you that participated last evening, the Rise of the Datoken launch went fantastically well. We look forward to bringing you a great program as we move into a new era with Clash of Dreams. If you missed it, here's a glimpse at the madness....

Rise of the Datoken Intro
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Re: Rise of the Datoken...

Post by coltdorsey »

Love it. Looking forward to more of those videos if possible!
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

That was a hell of a fight last night. I really, really enjoyed having enough targets to finally take the gloves off with Star and go full power with the mass arts (you get a taste of it in the video). People overestimate how good FateSenders are in 95% of situations because they see the mass arts and picture using them all the time, but fights where they are more useful than para or blind are rare. Usually they just piss off allies. But sometimes a night like last night comes along and conditions are perfect to let loose. Costs a ton of lucidity but damn.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Tobyz Friend
Dreamer

Post by Tobyz Friend »

If this "fun" is going to continue with Datoken, then time is going to need to be given to some Pmare drivers in order to keep the ball rolling for this roleplay event. I for one am not willing to put my PP's into Pmare time, especially when it takes so many to get a single credit.
The nicest smiles often hide the darkest demons.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

Everyone got some free PMare credits at the beginning of the event, have you spent yours? If so, is there any way I could give you mine, as I haven't really time to use them at the moment?
I agree, maybe a decrease in the PP cost of PMare credits would be a good way to encourage this to keep going - or make it possible to buy PMare credits for money, as I'm told it used to be in Lyra Underlight.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

12:53 Koi-Wish FYI anyone who sees this - during the Rise of Datoken RP - we will be automatically adding an HOUR of PMare Shamblix time to ALL accounts DAILY - if they have less then 15minutes left on their account - so please take advantage of this during this RP - meanwhile those not taking advantage - feel free to put your heads together to stop it. We've heard things like DreamStrike (which no
12:53 Koi-Wish one is in a hurry to add back to the City quite yet) to Focal Blades ... we may not react to 1 solution as THE solution, its a Dynamic RP environment... feel free to RP as you wish - in the meantime the PMares will be in forces, and Argo will be assisting them - Good luck!
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Noidea wrote:I agree, maybe a decrease in the PP cost of PMare credits would be a good way to encourage this to keep going - or make it possible to buy PMare credits for money, as I'm told it used to be in Lyra Underlight.
We are currently considering different options towards making Pmare Credits more accessible to the players across the board. However, we will never offer Pmare Credits for any kind of financial gain/profit as one of our original vision for the game was to make it entirely free to the players, no exceptions.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

I can't imagine a worse way of doing this than adding that much time daily to those playing pmares rather than linking it to time playing one's PC. Already people who stuck to playing PC-side are giving up and not playing because they can't handle the constant onslaught, and if the time is given to those playing pmares only, that further discourages playing one's PC during this. As much fun as the first night was, it wore thin quickly. I'm tired of seeing my friends leave.

HC has taken the worst of it by far with 2 and 3 hour long sustained battles for multiple nights, sometimes in a row. For all the reasons HC and DoL might not want to help each other IC, what matters most OOC is that for every datoke in game, a PC isn't in game. The first night set a really, really bad tone with most of the first wave being controlled by people with DoL mains, pummeling mainly HC for nearly two hours. From chatting with folks OOC, none of "us" (used loosely, since most of those I know OOC have HC or AoE mains) got the heads up about the pmare time until we specifically asked in IRC and had to pass it along ad hoc via other means. But this was well after our PCs were in the thick of it in game, in a battle with no breaks. Even the announcement of pmare time given away on a daily basis today was announced in IRC only and had to be relayed here by a player of a free spirit.

Regardless of the how or the why of it, for the past week, it's been perceived as DoL players + Agonarius vs HC. And at this point, that's not a perception that will be helped by rewarding those who are already playing their pmare a lot rather than those defending against them.

Last night's explosive moment in the undergames highlighted a much deeper OOC rift among the playerbase, one that we've all seen and one that isn't just about an IC war "hurting OOC feelings". In fact, the IC war itself reflected an already-existing OOC rift. There is almost zero trust among players right now and both sides in recent weeks have cried foul (sometimes rightly, sometimes not) about actions the GMs have taken. For the most part, at this point, the two sides don't even want to inhabit the same game. And before anyone starts pointing fingers, that is a sentiment that is prevalent on BOTH sides and has been since before the war started. I don't know what to do about that problem, but I can promise that this method for adding time, coming at this moment of OOC tension, will only make that worse. With how deep the suspicions already are of OOC misconduct, adding a freely available, unambiguously OOC means of hurting other PCs IC is like dropping a loaded gun on the table between a couple in a bitter divorce. No good can come of it.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

Starfall wrote:I can't imagine a worse way of doing this than adding that much time daily to those playing pmares rather than linking it to time playing one's PC. Already people who stuck to playing PC-side are giving up and not playing because they can't handle the constant onslaught, and if the time is given to those playing pmares only, that further discourages playing one's PC during this. As much fun as the first night was, it wore thin quickly. I'm tired of seeing my friends leave.

HC has taken the worst of it by far with 2 and 3 hour long sustained battles for multiple nights, sometimes in a row. For all the reasons HC and DoL might not want to help each other IC, what matters most OOC is that for every datoke in game, a PC isn't in game. The first night set a really, really bad tone with most of the first wave being controlled by people with DoL mains, pummeling mainly HC for nearly two hours. From chatting with folks OOC, none of "us" (used loosely, since most of those I know OOC have HC or AoE mains) got the heads up about the pmare time until we specifically asked in IRC and had to pass it along ad hoc via other means. But this was well after our PCs were in the thick of it in game, in a battle with no breaks. Even the announcement of pmare time given away on a daily basis today was announced in IRC only and had to be relayed here by a player of a free spirit.

Regardless of the how or the why of it, for the past week, it's been perceived as DoL players + Agonarius vs HC. And at this point, that's not a perception that will be helped by rewarding those who are already playing their pmare a lot rather than those defending against them.

Last night's explosive moment in the undergames highlighted a much deeper OOC rift among the playerbase, one that we've all seen and one that isn't just about an IC war "hurting OOC feelings". In fact, the IC war itself reflected an already-existing OOC rift. There is almost zero trust among players right now and both sides in recent weeks have cried foul (sometimes rightly, sometimes not) about actions the GMs have taken. For the most part, at this point, the two sides don't even want to inhabit the same game. And before anyone starts pointing fingers, that is a sentiment that is prevalent on BOTH sides and has been since before the war started. I don't know what to do about that problem, but I can promise that this method for adding time, coming at this moment of OOC tension, will only make that worse. With how deep the suspicions already are of OOC misconduct, adding a freely available, unambiguously OOC means of hurting other PCs IC is like dropping a loaded gun on the table between a couple in a bitter divorce. No good can come of it.
Yes, the announcement of more pmare time was in irc. Irc is not a DoL only chat relay client. Everyone in UL can access it. You, and at least two other HC members are frequently logged onto it. But I agree, it should have been posted on the forums. Although, since it was just announced -today-, and the GMs are busy with other things, as well as their own lives too - I wouldn't think too much of it.

HC isn't the only ones getting attacked. Pmares follow top sense, to find the most people. And people usually only play their pmares when Agonarius is about. Earlier today I attacked a large group of DoL, that lasted an hour or better until my points were gone.

HC is -Jade's- enemy, not -mine-. I do not have any ill will toward the controllers, personally - and will not use a pmare to get back at them in some way. My pmare will attack anyone, aside from Agon and other pmares. DoL is not this huge group of warmongers trying to take over the game, that we're being made out to be. We just want to have fun, just like the rest of you. If war is not your thing, there are ways to end it.

Furthermore, HC (and everyone else) has the same amount of opportunities to play pmares, as well. The way I see it: a pmare is definitely fun for the player, but the people being attacked are getting more out of it by gaining XP. Pmares collapse a helluva lot faster than a PC.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Post by Loathed »

Contrary to popular belief (apparently) not every story arc needs to be about combat. I'm not going to get into too many details here because honestly, I shouldn't have to explain to people that your characters perception is just that, their perception. What one person says is justified is to another person someone taking a one on one issue and starting a war from it. What one person detects as normal and no favours, another person sees as a GM boosting the Daymares of his friends in game so they can roflestomp enemies - avoiding this 'resolution' supposedly called for, while hoping on and off his player toon and GM toon so his friends can farm XP. Does all of this seem ludicrous? Sure. But it is the perception and thus reality some players have, and naturally their characters are going to be just as frustrated and unfulfilled with how things are going. Instead of repeatedly putting the burden on the other 'side' to come talk to the other, maybe one side could... oh I don't know stop trolling and starting wars in the first place?

There are so many avenues for content in this game and yet it seems like all of the imagination has left the building. Fite fite fite, QQ QQ QQ - Rinse, wash, repeat. We only have each other, that's it guys. There's not going to be this amazing influx and new miraculous turn over in the game. Stop trying to 'win' and squash everyone down until you're the last player standing. Period.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

Post by Brother Timothy »

Since Lyra pmares have been a bad idea. They are a disruptive and caustic influence to a roleplaying game. For GM's to encourage their use is folly.
I am one of those considering leaving until this ill advised GM arc ends, or just playing a pmare as that seems to be what is wanted. Either way, the game would loose a role-player, at least for a while.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I hardly play my Pmare, but I do like fighting them. Yay for XP!!! \o/

I like the RP Wish, it gives us somethin to do rather than sit around talking all the time or warring.

Keep up the good work!
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

Sorry but all the complaining about daymares is soooo stupid.. Agonarius is leading a group of daymares attackng the city.. How the hell is this ruining RP? If anything it should make you all come together and fight againt the daymares.. They are easy as hell, frontal shields are weak and they are easily collapsed if worked for.. XP for everyone to grow in sphere..

I Seriously don't understand ANY complaints.. If you are over 3rd sphere and get collapsed by a daymare who can't even heal itself then you suck and should just stay inside of the sanctuary. I don't get this complaining and it's annoying the hell out of me. Find a way to stop Agonarius and the daymares and it will be fixed.. Stop getting on the forums all the time complaining about somethng that is so fun for the people that actually enjoy the combat.. You shouldn't even be getting collapsed by the daymares period. they literlaly are the easiest things to collapse.. FFS...

I'm sorry for the intensity of this post but it's honest. Nobody uses the daymares to act out REVENGE.. Why not? BECAUSE ITS STUPID AND POINTLESS AND THEY ARE EASILY COLLAPSED.. I don't understand... like wtf..
-Lu Chaos
Venom
Dreamer

Post by Venom »

Wow... a lot of the posts as of late on these forums have grown aggressive and way out of proportions. There seems to be a lot of discontent among the player-base recently. Considering I'm viewing this from an outside perspective it's getting a little hot around here lol.
*You shall be beaten by the Eggbeater and you will LIKE IT!*
-Venom
Dreamseer and Teacher
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

I agree Venom.. Seriously man i've been enjoying the hell out of myself lately and all I've been hearing about is OOC this and OOC that.. Like ffs just play the game. Who cares.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Jaxx
Dreamer

Post by Jaxx »

I don't usually post on the Forum, but thought it may be good to put in my two cents on this topic. First, I would like to say that I am disheartened that so many are finding it difficult to deal with the IC conflicts within the game OOC. I admit that I am not in the "in crowd" OOC and am not privy to a lot of the issues that are being eluded to in this forum, but it seems like there is an essential part of role playing that requires one to have some detachment from their character. If someone is rude to my character I am not personally offended. I tend to believe that conflicts within the game give characters something to do and a purpose. Whether that be fighting mares, houses, or coming up with solutions to end these strifes. I mean really, if there is no conflict within the game then we are doomed to have our characters sitting around in an avatar chat room (mostly silent from all the whispering). Although my character may seem troubled and annoyed at the in game conflicts, I personally find it to be refreshing as my character is finding purpose within the conflicts. Now, if these in game conflicts between characters are seeping OOC and hurting people I don't think that is right and that is not the purpose of UL. However, if you are one of those that are personally offended by IC RP, perhaps you should take a step back and consider if that contributes to the on going problem. If you are someone who is reaching out OOC to annoy/hurt/offend someone because of something IC, then you should stop. Like I said, I don't know all the details, but its disheartening that people can't play their characters as they want fearing that someone is going to leave or be offended OOC.

Secondly, I would like to thank and applaud the GM team for their innovations recently. I agree that the new RP with the mares is great for xp, RP, and giving dreamers something new to focus on (a solution to that problem). As Lu Chaos would put it, I suck at fighting (partly because I'm on Windows 8). However, I still enjoy it and the element of surprise breaks up the monotony. I agree that a long drawn out battle with many mares can be deflating, but there is a simple problem to that...go somewhere else, go to thresh, go to a sanctuary. There have been a couple of times where my character has avoided the mare attacks when she was not properly equipped or my screens were going black. With all the easy xp I would be surprised if anyone was worried about losing their sphere because of an attack. Its just another conflict within the game that gives dreamers a purpose and a problem to solve. If its not your thing, then don't engage the fight.

At any rate, I just wanted to voice my opinion on it because I think the game is moving into a good direction and I personally enjoy that there is a lot going on. I hope that those that are considering leaving will refrain from doing so and will try to find a path for their character that their controller can enjoy as well. I'd be happy to listen and offer ideas to anyone who wants to brainstorm how to do that.

~Jaxx (also known as Gray Tones)