Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Do you want conflict in Underlight?

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Oklof
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Oklof

Do you want conflict in Underlight?

Post by Oklof »

Hey hey, good people of Underlight.

I have a question for the whole lot of you. Since my return to the game, I've been sort of aimless. Going off the steam of my character behaviorism without any actual plot, or story. Reactive, instead of creative. In the days of old, I would've came up with something and went with it, often forcing my fun on other people. But things changed. I'm much more lazier and I'm sort of curious what kind of things do players of this game truly enjoy when they play? I saw the poll thread, where Elmer was asking what kind of events do people like and that gave me some food for thought. But here I ask you what kind of 'stories' would you enjoy?

Do you enjoy stories where you get to create something? Full of creative emoting, theorycrafting, quasi-scientific debate?

Do you enjoy stories full of political intrigue and schemes? Where dreamer on dreamer conflict is present, but hidden beneath a facade of civility?

Do you enjoy stories full of overt conflict? Where goals of some dreamers directly counterdict the goals of others, and only one of those factions, or none, would achieve what they want?

Do you prefer stories that do not have conflict at all? Perhaps you play to escape stress and you prefer a more social, chill, story. Where noone is trying to get someone for some silly reason?

What kind of stories would you enjoy participating in while playing Underlight?

I havent decided what will I be doing in this game, but I'll appreciate your thoughts on this topic, so I can see about improving everyone's enjoyment of the game the most.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Do you want conflict in Underlight?

Post by Uthanatos »

I think, each has it's place? If I'm driving something, it's normally a cooperative "good" goal, improving or maintaining the city, researching and improving arts etc...that being said, I enjoy the cerebral aspect of things immensely, whether it's sussing out the truth of someone's intentions or figuring out how to do/undo something in a plot line. Combat is actually the least appealing part of the game to me, but even then, if it makes sense and it's done right, I'm on board. My big problem with combat driven conflict is OOC callups really. An engagement happens, then suddenly 8 more people log in and it turns into an all out battle. My 2 cents.

Ü
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days