Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Wondering

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Sorsha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sorsha

Wondering

Post by Sorsha »

I was wondering if at some point the GM's might throw in some things again like when "Grok" had games and contests or some lighter story lines.
The GM teams are always comprised of some incredibly intelligent and creative people, though many of the story lines focus on destruction, death, fighting.
I know people like that, but we also like just silly fun. Figment comes to mind, he was a great, fun GM character, always running around looking for his lost fractals, Merp and the lowborn were/are wonderful also (except for them being slaves part ;) )

I can't help but think that many people go into a game like Underlight to forget about the stresses of the day and have some fun, the world is ugly enough already.
I suppose my point is to encourage players to run some fun events, get silly from time to time and just enjoy yourselves, I will try that as well.

This is not a post to bash GM's,(I would ask that any replies not turn it into that) they are amazing, talented and creative people. I just wondered if there might be some more lighthearted things on the horizon.
:)
++SC++
++Quipster++
++Master Sender++
++Idealist++
++Wanderer++
++Opportunist++
Koi-Cricket
Directing Producer

Re: Wondering

Post by Koi-Cricket »

Welcome back to the game and thank you for your input!

This major story arc has taken precedence over other things as we drive to the end of an amazing story that the players have helped to become extremely successful and fun.

There has been though a lot of small scale things happening in the city. Try visiting the market and hanging with Jo or Oskar. Or Trinity to visit with Quinthe our crafter. Merp is still around. There are also other GM characters that visit from week to week, that does small scale roleplays.

And yes, please do not wait on the GMs. Feel free to jump right in and do things. GMs are not the only source of Roleplay. Players should be promoting and doing roleplays and we are happy to support each and every one of you.
Directing Producer
Sadara

Post by Sadara »

I agree with Sorsha. The GM team has done a great job doing a large scale story of this size. In my personal opinon and as a suggestion as well, the storyline with Dr. Graves I feel has gone on to long, and drawn out in a sense. It becomes very tiring especially after almost months of the same storyline. I still appreciate the story of course just a little suggestion! I still enjoy everything you all put into the game and appreciate all your hard work. I never want that to be discarded. However also possibly maybe the next storyline, could be as Sorsha, said something lighthearted! The several citywide stories Ive participated in were very dark in nature and always revolved around a citywide threat. Of course I am not saying that those stories are boring in the sense of course, yall know Sadara, she is not afraid of throwing a chak ;)
What I am saying is essentially maybe something more like a citywide growing story, something that really gets us in the feels in a good way. Love you guys! :D <3
Koi-Hex
Senior GameMaster

Post by Koi-Hex »

I would like to reiterate what Cricket said and thank you both for your feedback. Although the game is set in a fantasy world – in many ways Underlight mirrors real life, with boundless opportunities and directions for character growth and storyline progression. This includes consequences and rewards for actions carried out in the game. What is fun for some is not always fun for all and we are happy to oblige both play styles.

With Underlight, -and most RPGs in general- there are different kinds of roleplay. There are side stories for the average, everyday interaction. Then there is major story arcs that are intended to span over the course of months; as seen in the past with roleplays such as Agonarius, the Consortium, the Lightless, the Heart, the Darkness, and so on. Occasionally, some remnants of these stories will remain when we carry on to the next chapter.

With that being said, not all storylines are cut and dry. More often than not, the team will formulate a generally rough idea and toss it out for the players to decide the outcome. We can and have shifted gears due to player actions. We love when players steer the ship and we encourage you all to do so. The dream is always what you make of it. We have a community full of imaginative players and I enjoy seeing what you all come up with. As always, if you have an idea that you would like to see brought to life that you think would require additional help from the GM team, please email us at: roleplaying@underlight.com

Sweet Dreams,
-Koi-Hex
~Roleplaying/Teaching Team
~Customer Service/Marketing

hex@underlight.com