Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

KoES Mares and Stuff

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Starfall
Dreamer

KoES Mares and Stuff

Post by Starfall »

PHEW! Long night but damn that was a blast!

The multi-round mare fight was awesome all on its own.

Then the way the RP with Elasa seamlessly led into dealing with the maren threat within the house spurred some awesome stuff. Also I loved seeing Yazashinara's signature ability on full display at last. :D :D Having a regular mare just walk away and enter a portal is gonna mean a lot of adjusting hypotheses about how everything works!

As a player, I've been looking for a reason to go back to KoES. Even if the house never opens (because I don't really want to spread the city pop too thin just for ego) I was glad to have a better reason than sentimentality to plant a flag and claim that it's under Star's protection. Seeing Kotoke Holow with a ruler crest and using it to let the mares treat KoES as a crash pad? Oh, it's on now! So, Elasa got her wish. Star will now enthusiastically bless her efforts to purge the house. :P

For a spontaneous event, so much happened that will ripple out from here. Thanks to the players who helped make it all happen. Elspet, that was some seriously awesome stuff. Ghazgkull, Kailoth you just don't let up. ;) Bortami, Jerulan, Hikari, Blade, Poppy, Dakkoth and everyone else, that was great.

And a very big thanks to the team for rolling with things as they went along. Star saw the ward on the portal, and heard the taunting, and decided to make a point very clearly. I've never actually PP evoked an art in earnest before but I think "Starfall rips the ward off the portal through sheer force of will" is a decent first one. :D I never expected anything to flow from that. The people rushing up to push Star through caught me totally off guard, and then to find myself inside? And all the stuff that happened inside, too! I wish I could have seen what happened when Star's essence got tossed out haha.
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Koi-Wish
Founder

Re: KoES Mares and Stuff

Post by Koi-Wish »

Whole thing was Epic and fun. Glad you enjoyed it. My favorite parts were reactions from players as regular ol' nightmares reacted thru out the City (not just KoES) then a bunch started going past the dreamers at KoES and into the house - then Kotoke shows up with Keeper crest and brings his 'desire to rule mares' infatuation full circle.... Everyone dynamically reacted so well. Elasa set the baseline and it went beautifully from there. One of best spontaneous RPs ever partook in. Was great fun! Thanks to everyone involved. There was no script there we just rolled with it, as did you all but that's what also was so exciting. No one knew what was gonna happen next not even me. I was happy to be able to be a part of it. I got a few messages in IRC that suggested what occurred was one of the most amazing and 'omg' roleplays they had ever experienced. :-) Hearing stuff like that reminds me why I couldn't let UnderLight fade away forever - there were still stories to tell, fun to be had and players to share the awesomeness of UnderLight with. Thanks to everyone for an amazing evening. Its still the best game ever... With the best players ever.
Starfall
Dreamer

Post by Starfall »

Two more big nights after the first! I was expecting a week between events like these and they just keep coming. :D Clearly people have some time off for the holidays and are using it. (Not complaining!)

The drama with Eeebro siding with Kotoke Holow has been intriguing to say the least. Tonight was a little more subdued. I know for a fact my supplies were tapped out so I wasn't as aggressive as usual.

This has been a blast. :D
_-*
I want to have adventures and take enormous risks and be everything they say we are.
-Dorothy Allison
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Starfall wrote:drama
You rang?

Great feedback. We love to hear from the players! Without the players, we simply do not have a game. And always remember, this is YOUR story to tell.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Dakkoth »

Its been 3 nights of seriously fun RPing. well done everyone!

even a bit of hilarity...hickiex? pebble? jermland? i think we all were laughing our asses off even though the mood IC was much different.

can't wait to see what happens next! its a shame those pocket ward portals didn't work. would have been cool to get inside.

all in all super mega awesome fun!

~Mike
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Dakkoth »

Oh...and Starfall. what do you think about having Starfall join AoE!!! hehe. the house was formed with a pillar devoted to KoES. why not have Starfall join AoE with the other Keepers in an effort to thwart Kotoke Holow and his lot? not sure if we have the population big enough to support KoES opening. that's why AoE is UoC , OoSM of old, and KoES all in one. AoE could use some influx of players and a RP like this would help.

Either way we are involved because AoE is KoES included. But its difficult to explain why Starfall is claiming stewardship of KoES while not joining with AoE. see the point Im making? just something to consider. i know Dakkoth explained most of this IC but some is OOC talk, planning, and coordinating obviously. just interested in your thoughts about where you are taking this and Starfall along the journey. feel free to respond here, in private message, or if you prefer we can just keep it all IC with no plan and just see where it goes. i just think its too good of an RP to avoid and don't understand the point of Starfall having to remain uncrested to get what you want with her. i have only seen it as confusing to the already existing RP of keepers in AoE.

~Mike