Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

GODLIKE GMS COME ON

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
LadySilver
Dreamer

GODLIKE GMS COME ON

Post by LadySilver »

You know back in the day dreamers had a chance. I remember there being rules against demigods and forced rps. Can we have any hope of this being fair or even reasonable? You don't get to drag my avatar anywhere period. I do not and have never given permission for that. There is some heavy-handed things going on with this "i can see and hear all stuff" as well that isn't reasonable either. In Lyran times there was honor and respect not anymore. No privacy or free will and y'all just do what you want. Mind you I am supposed to sit and be still like a good girl and say thank you for all your time and efforts well you know what no thank you. You are not the only ones with time and effort vested. Believe it or not the players are just as much volunteers. Be reasonable, Is that really so much to ask from a GM? What the line you are supposed to be better than .... then be it.
Raas
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Ra'as

Re: GODLIKE GMS COME ON

Post by Raas »

I support the exact opposite of the above, though I respect Silver's opinion.

Please keep doing more of this style support, its super fun. It's actually a very enjoyable and entertaining execution and it hasn't felt like there is a guaranteed ending being forced on anyone.

As for the GM powers - Please do use them, I personally enjoy a game where not everything is in my immediate control - its immersive, surprising, and keeps you on your toes. :)
~Ra'as
Tentacle
Dreamer

Post by Tentacle »

If there is something that felt "too much", an RP report will suffice. The same can be said when you enjoy something in particular.

Broad sweeping strokes, a tirade, be it for good or in the negative makes it all but impossible to pinpoint an issue.

There have never been rules about Demi-gods and forced RP's. Everything we're doing in the game, at all times, is "roleplaying." The idea that we opt in, or opt out, is a slippery slope. When one returns and finds themselves suddenly thrust into the middle of something they may not be familiar with, it likely feels very disorientating, maybe that is intended?

Alternative ways to respond to this issue via RP Report:
  • "My character is staying out of this conflict for a reason. If possible, please do not have her drawn into events by the current entities."
  • "Hey guys. Thanks for trying to involve me in what is going on, but, I am really lost. Allow me time to catch up before teleporting me into events, please?
  • "DUDES! WHAT THE F! This is crazy! Be aware, I am game for anything. Could we spin this in the angle of heroic character death? I'll send details soon!"
  • "Wow guys, epic battle! I have some physical issues, can't physically fight well. Can we work on some other ways I could get some action in?"

If you feel your privacy is being violated by a member of staff, that should be sent to Abuse@ with a detailed report.
"She spins her golden web between us and the dream." - The Matron ☼, Soulkeeper
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

LadySilver,

If someone has teleported you or forced you into an RP, I apoligize on their behalf - they shouldn't have done that, we "try" not to force RPs on anyone as yes, the players too volunteer to be a part or not - its their game as much as it is ours.

We do have Invis-GMs yes, that are used in RP situations and events to support them when ever our volunteers are available to do so, this is a perk for those events - obviously those invis-GMs can see and hear things and act accordingly to assist in those events and over the years those have been supported and requested quite heavily by the community as a whole. They can't see and hear things across the entire dreamscape, just the room they are in. None of the regular GMs has the ability to hear things across the entirety of the dreamscape - only myself, Drama and JorKyrin have this ability real time. Cricket has the ability to review historical chat in regards to Rules Enforcement complaints. Aside from Eldryck, who is a unique legendary individual capable of superior abilities, no other GM has shown NOR actually has the ability to hear beyond the room they are in or whispers for that matter. We also have a dashboard where GMs can monitor player locations and a higher tiered dashboard where management can monitor Invis-GM locations (so that no private spying takes place).

That being said, back in the first generation of UL - most players were in the 3-5th sphere categories - with only the elite players achieving 6th or higher. Now the typical player in our UL is around 70th orbit with quite a few beyond that. The original Lyra UL didnt have to deal with such powerful players. A single DM Shamblix could handle a room of 3-5th spheres quite well, with only a seasoned warrior or two being able to take them down. Today, folks have such fast powerful arts, and damage wielding chakrams that without some sort of edge a DM/GM could be taken down in seconds. We have had to adapt to these circumstances. There have been some GMs in the past that wont even drive a DM because they were soundly beaten within seconds, and gaining the skillsets to drive a DM efficiently and effectively takes time and tons of practice - but "practice" by giving up millions of XP very quickly is not an effective way of training and learning. The Demigod GMs you have seen over the years from Zaxun, Xun, Eldryck, Silk, so on and so forth have been needed to be a superior challenge for the playerbase as it stands today. If any of them were just easily beaten down with complete disregard to their RPs, mannerisms and developed lore - they would be a joke and have little impact to Roleplayed environment. The gap between players and "typical" gms is extremely small nowadays - so an enemy needs to be that much stronger and take more roleplaying, investigating, teamwork and all around playing the game to defeat - not just a quick skirmish. We have tried to adapt as best we can, but we know we can't please everyone with this approach - and I apologize to those that don't fit or simply do not like what we are doing. Mostly, we are trying and as I have said many times - we will fail now and then, but where we fail with some we will succeed with others. The hope is that this is balanced. Again, we are trying.

To those enjoying the current very indepth Roleplay our team has developed, we appreciate your daily interactions and dynamic responses to the story as it unfolds. There is much more to come!
Dina

Post by Dina »

Raas wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:15 am I support the exact opposite of the above, though I respect Silver's opinion.

Please keep doing more of this style support, its super fun. It's actually a very enjoyable and entertaining execution and it hasn't felt like there is a guaranteed ending being forced on anyone.

As for the GM powers - Please do use them, I personally enjoy a game where not everything is in my immediate control - its immersive, surprising, and keeps you on your toes. :)
Agreed! The GMs are doing great! I got mad the other night, but that's what I expect from the game, that is why I love this game. GM interactions make the game more fun, most of the time. You will not always win. The GMs do this because it keeps things interesting and not just a chat room. This is not LYRA or SoT, THANK GOD FOR THAT!

Keep up the good work Koi!
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

Thank you for your explanations and suggestions.