Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Shades of Truth Factions?

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.

Which of the Shades of Truth factions you feel would make a great impact within Clash of Dreams?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:48 pm

Emancipators of Men
32%
Sect of Prudent
32%
Emergence Project/Academy
11%
Efflorescence Conservatory
No votes
Council of Wardens
4%
Guardians of Flame
No votes
Dream Walkers
No votes
Cult of Bashir
18%
Coven of Eternal Whispers
4%
The Eternal Order
No votes

Total votes: 28
Koi-Drama
Founder

Shades of Truth Factions?

Post by Koi-Drama »

Dreamers!

In doing our research, we are reaching out to the playerbase for feedback. Which of the Shades of Truth factions do you think would create the most impact and/or make sense within Clash of Dream? Which do you felt has more history, dynamics, and impact within the Underlight lore?

Choose (2) two options.

Note: Your answer should not necessarily reflect a house that your character was in.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”
Cronides
Dreamer

Re: Shades of Truth Factions?

Post by Cronides »

I struggled to come up with a better pair and more dynamic conflict of two houses than the SOP and EOM. The COB would be my very close 3rd choice, but the demon's dead... yo. EA had some serious staying power throughout SOT, but let's face it... that's because it was irritatingly neutral in everything. . . lol
Looking at the cake is like looking at the future; until you've tasted it, what do you really know? And then, of course, it's too late.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I agree. SoP and EoM were the best conflicting houses. The Cult was awesome as well, and can easily conflict with either of the other two. I'm sure something could be forged up that Bashir was such a powerful entity, that he was brought back to life as well. However, there was a lot of controversy about that house and people might start shouting "favoritism" again. So as an old Cultist and Sectarian, I'm slightly torn.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
MacEros
Dreamer

Post by MacEros »

Most of these houses closed down years ago. The ones left at the end were The Dominion (which isn't an option), Coven of Eternal Whispers, Dream Walkers, Efflorescence Conservatory, and The Tribe(which isn't an option either).
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

MacEros wrote:Most of these houses closed down years ago. The ones left at the end were The Dominion (which isn't an option), Coven of Eternal Whispers, Dream Walkers, Efflorescence Conservatory, and The Tribe(which isn't an option either).
Existing at the end doesn't mean it's a better choice over another. The natural conflict between EoM and SoP was invigorating.
Gerroz
Dreamer

Post by Gerroz »

I wasnt involved in the last half of SoT, but the Emancipators and the sect sort of replaced illuminate and freesoul. Having these two and a freesoul/illuminated house would make for a nicely balanced square. Then if the game attracts more players, the cult of bashir raising again, would be a good wild card to play later on.
Dragynborn
Dreamer

Post by Dragynborn »

The initial launch of SoT brought about some of the greatest House conflicts I have seen during its entire run. The Emancipators and Sect mash up was nuts to say the least with raids going on all the time. War was abundant and even got more interesting when the Cult entered the scene. The Academy wasn't always neutral, though that wasn't really publicly known

If I had to choose two, I would pick the Cult and the Emancipators just to make it interesting. I think it would be hilarious to enter the Dream already in a House, as though the Dream kept on going while we were unable to access it. This would make for some interesting RPs as well as a way to jump start the chaos.

Just my two cents worth.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

As many of you know, kirtes omathear/ bortami and I are best friends in real life. While I didn't play enough to really enjoy the conflict I do know through him that the Sect vs Emancipators roleplay was a lively one. Had I been able to get involved more in the game at the time I would have certainly joined the opposing house so that he and I could have hunted each other!

I am most looking forward to seeing a Lyra house reemerge with expanded beliefs under the old banner. I think a healthy HC and DoL is always good for Under light but an additional house like KoES with controversial beliefs always sets the game up for a lot of interaction.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Myridian Sun
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Myridian Sun

Post by Myridian Sun »

Star Scream wrote:As many of you know, kirtes omathear/ bortami and I are best friends in real life. While I didn't play enough to really enjoy the conflict I do know through him that the Sect vs Emancipators roleplay was a lively one. Had I been able to get involved more in the game at the time I would have certainly joined the opposing house so that he and I could have hunted each other!

I am most looking forward to seeing a Lyra house reemerge with expanded beliefs under the old banner. I think a healthy HC and DoL is always good for Under light but an additional house like KoES with controversial beliefs always sets the game up for a lot of interaction.
Agree'd SS
The laughter hides the sorrow.