Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Teaching Questions and Thoughts

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Erasmus
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Erasmus

Teaching Questions and Thoughts

Post by Erasmus »

I wanted to get the players' and GMs' opinions of a topic that was once considered taboo and controversial, but may be different in this day and age.

1. What is your opinion about tasking and reporting tasks via the Mission Boards in houses?

Here are my thoughts:

- I see no problem with this from a rules standpoint. Mission Boards are already used to grant XP, which is arguably just as important if not more so than some arts and plateaus.
- Mission Boards already have some oversight to prevent XP abuse.
- In this game, "conversation" is all text anyway. If the report isn't sufficient, the teacher can always reply back and ask for more detail.
- This opens up more Teacher choices to players due to incompatible dream times.
- A Quest codex would still be required to grant the art and the message body would need to include that the task and report was given and responded via said house mission board.
- It encourages people to join a house.
- Players can still choose to get tasks from live Teachers as it is more convenient to report and receive the reward in real time vs. having to wait until you can arrange to meet up to grant the art.
- There is already some mild relaxing of teaching via the Oracle's Gift.

Thoughts on that?

2. As a follow up, what about using teaching arts or plateaus as part of house service if the player is maxxed in XP?

I think we need to somewhat simplify the teaching process if we are going to get lots of new faces and we want to keep them. This may be a way to help.

Do you have any other ideas on how to help Teaching overall? Post them here! And don't be afraid of how crazy the idea is, this is just a discussion. It's just to spur discussion, ideas, and constructive ways to improve a decades old process.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Re: Teaching Questions and Thoughts

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

I have been using mission boards to receive reports for ages. It allows the student to report at their availability. From there it is a matter of finding the student.

It is a simple way to make time in game more efficient.

If we could somehow grant the art via the boards that would be even better!