Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

A Petition to all UL players

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Gerroz
Dreamer

A Petition to all UL players

Post by Gerroz »

Hello Everyone

As the game is about to launch, there's something I would like to ask all of you, for the greater good of the game.

Most returning characters have years and years in different groups, mostly connected to houses and a certain belief system. At the most, we had 8 houses and even some groups in addition to these. The characters and sometimes also the players themselves, made strong bonds with their faction.

As we are returning to this aged game, we must realize the position we are in, as far as the size of the player base goes. There will not be 8 houses with our numbers. There will likely not even be 4. We as players need to realize that our old houses with our very specific set of beliefs may not return.

I like to think of myself as a pretty hardcore purist as far as IC/OOC separation goes. However this time I feel that we all need to realize -as players- that each old group is not going to be restored as it was. The biggest reason for this is the forementioned size of the player base. If each and every one of us cling to our old play style and our old character's group affiliation, the guild aspect of the game will be watered out and insignificant. The houses were designed to be occupied by a bunch of dreamers in each, not just a handful in a lot of different houses.

Therefore I petition to you all -as players- not to stubbornly cling to each of your old beliefs, and to understand -as players- that in order for the game to function properly, we will have to make some sacrifices. I realize that this can be looked upon as slightly OOC, but in this case I do not think we have much choice. If the player base grows significantly (here's hoping!) we may expand to more houses and breakaway groups with different versions of their old beliefs. But if it more or less stays as it is, we all need to alter our characters a little bit, in order to make the house aspect of the game interesting.

It may not be a bad thing either, cause who wants to just replay what we already played long ago? There's new dreams to be had, which may be different from the ones before.

-GS
Onyx
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm

Re: A Petition to all UL players

Post by Onyx »

This. It all makes perfect sense if you take a moment to really think about it.
~Onyx Nightblade, Onyx Nightstorm... and maybe someone else?
Fistandantilis
Dreamer

Re: A Petition to all UL players

Post by Fistandantilis »

I totally agree. I would suggest forming groups within one of the 2 or 3 houses that open. Another added dimension.