Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Patience & Anti-Rage Kittens

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Koi-Palloi
Senior GameMaster

Patience & Anti-Rage Kittens

Post by Koi-Palloi »

Hey fam,

As we roll-out some of the new features and start exploring new territory in UL, I'd like to ask everyone to channel their most patient and zen selves.

While characters may fight, I'd encourage you to remember that your fellow players are as much your team-mates as they are rivals. You can play a rough game of rugby and still go get a pint at the pub together afterward.

The depth and breadth of some of the RP and Dev changes is quite large, and Underlight on a normal day can be exhausting, so make sure to take care of yourselves and cool out as needed. If you ever find yourself on the verge of Rage-quitting, remember that kitten videos are a thing.

https://youtu.be/OuH9FF3BtZU

Cheers,
Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity. Khalil Gibran
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Patience & Anti-Rage Kittens

Post by Arnaya »

Thanks Palloi. Appreciate that.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Dina

Re: Patience & Anti-Rage Kittens

Post by Dina »

Thank you!

Another thing, it gets really annoying when people shit talk about "portal hopping" or degrading someone because they left the battle for a short time to either put on arts or something BUT went back into the battle afterwards.

First, lets explain portal hopping. Portal hopping is frowned upon even by GM's I believe, so lets explain what it exactly is. I've been playing UL for many many years and I have always known portal hopping as going through a portal over and over for the delay. Please do NOT insult someone with portal hopping unless they are doing it. It pisses me off more than anything being accused of it. It's like saying "You are cheating in game" when my character is NOT. This insult needs to stop, unless the character is actually doing it.

If you can't be civil in a fight, then don't fight. If you start on my characters with insults, yes I will comment.

Oh and I think we all need to give Harkyn a round of applause! Yes, HE IS AWESOME. He is not cheating, he is not getting GM favors. He is just awesome with combat. I have seen him in game many times giving deals to get out of the war or battles. Yet no one wants to negotiate with him. People just complain that he is cheating and a...oh yes...I heard "Thug" last night. Not cool. Face it, he is a very skilled UL player and one that you just don't want to battle. Dina has had her run ins with Harkyn on the opposite side and yes, it sucks, but I also know that is who he is. He is DAMN good and not a cheater. Stop throwing out insults at people. This makes the game less joyable for some.

Kim