Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Yarven Kreen's Sacrifice proposal

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Noshkapana
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Nosh

Yarven Kreen's Sacrifice proposal

Post by Noshkapana »

I think what Yarven is doing is fantastic, and I hope that it finds the support of both the Players and GMs alike.

Unlike most other games, UL doesn't really have an economy. We don't get money for completing quests, killing monsters, or from selling loot we acquire from hunting. The one thing we do get is Essence Power which can be used as a currency. Relying on Nightmare Essence alone (Which Free Spirit have to) makes the rate of acquisition quite slow. And while a Free Spirit could give unwanted items to a member of a house to sacrifice, this is burdensome and tedious for both parties involved.

Allowing all players access to Sacrifice and increasing the talisman types in which it can consume I feel brings the following benefits:

1) Guarantees genning always bears some form of reward.
2) Gives more of a purpose to items which players consider useless.
3) Increases the reward for those hunting traditionally(Especially with lower level characters in tow)
4) Put more Power into the hands of more people. which can,
5) Help spur a player economy using the power gap between items that do not and do require PTs.

I hope you all will consider supporting this effort.

Thank you,
Everyone's a hero in their own way,
In their own, not that heroic, way.
Koi-Ajax
Dreamer

Re: Yarven Kreen's Sacrifice proposal

Post by Koi-Ajax »

Any feature request is always going to be analyzed to try to get down to the core request so that we can determine what the best implementation strategy is. Occasionally the intent by the players (or even the Game Masters) is modified to fit the model that the Dev Team deems to be a better course of action to try to meet the actual goal with the resources available at the time. That's how something like the Power Token Bandolier was converted into charged Power Tokens. The sheer manpower difference between modifying Power Token and creating an entirely new item type is pretty vast.

Now, speaking to this request, I read the core request to give players more trade utility with items and power tokens. Is that the case?
Yarven Kreen
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Yarven Kreen

Re: Yarven Kreen's Sacrifice proposal

Post by Yarven Kreen »

The main focus for tomorrow is the following
To open the art of Sacrifice up to all dreamers not just the crested.
To imbue it with the ability to sacrifice Shield's and alt's.

And to try not to blow anything or anyone up while doing so!