Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

SoT house beliefs

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

SoT house beliefs

Post by Star Scream »

I was curious as to whether anyone would be willing to enlighten me on a few of the SoT house beliefs. Not so much the ones that were simple flashes in the frying pan so to speak, but more so the lasting groups that are more likely to make a transition into the new Underlight. I am mostly interested in the EoM as well as the Sect of the Prudent. IInformation in regards to their core beliefs as well as the meaning behind their names. I'm just so eager to get some roleplays brewing that Id like to start planning a base for the direction I'll be considering to push Star Scream towards. Id like to see if I can mold my own set of beliefs within the game and all the information I can get to complicate my character as much as possible would be invited. I'm not sure if any of you are currently watching the new AMC series called Halt and Catch Fire ( i think is the name) but theain character and his twisted way of manipulating and just his general thought process has really got my gears turning for the foundation of Star Scream's future evolution within the city.

Also, any groups from the past that had unusual thinking would be nice to hear. Maybe failed belief sets that some of you came up with around the UL 2000 era when we were trying to open houses under new leadership and though processes. Also, if you've already come up with a roleplay but just need more people to be involved to help it develop, let me know. I'm very open to the creative opportunity awaiting us all. You can e-mail me anytime if you are wanting to keep the RP under wraps or would like some input or assistance hit me up at allavigne57@gmail.com . I assure you anything we discuss would be considered confidential. Im just so excited to get back in to things I want to get the old gears greesed back up and runnimg again.

A big thank you to anybody that takes the time out to respond for me.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Re: SoT house beliefs

Post by Roleplayer »

There are quite a few characters that would seek truth and beliefs to make sense of the dreamstate in their own congruent ways in SOT. My main character is one such person, her whole persona is wrapped around Scrying. Liolira was taught to respect energy in all things, that energy is carried throughout currents that weave through the city, in thoughts and actions both mental and physical.

As written by Belom, a Scryer of Truth

Beliefs
The Scryers of Truth believe in the researching of the city's past, present and possible future. The Scryers believe in scrying, an act that allows them to see visions of what may be to come. The structure is based on the understanding of truth in all things in the city, including, but not limited to planes, fonts, talismans, arts, dreamers, beasts and so on.
- Scryers Standard, Archives of the Planes

Purpose
The Scryers of Truth are a house of discovery and interpretation. Those in the membership of the Scryers aim to better understand the Truth of the City, its planes, arts, talismans, elements, sanctuaries, fonts, past, present, future and its inhabitants. Scryers serve to see the Truth, no matter the cost. None shall stand in the way of the path to Truth; the Scryers believe it is not ours not anyones place to withold Truth from the greater city. All Truth is revealed in its own time.

Oaths
As a Scryer of Truth, I will give my life in pursuit of truth, no matter where it may take me. I will not hide behind false ideals, nor knowingly promote false information. I will stand for ethical honor. I understand our tasks will be endless and trying. I understand that the city holds many secrets and surprises; however, I as a Scryer must dig through the shades of truth to come to the final truth. Truth is my passion, my heart, my blood.

Beasts
The Scryers of Truth feel that the lesser beasts of the city are deceptive beings and aim to negate the growth of the city and the finding of the Truth. Therefore they must be collapsed and their essence Deflected outside the City of Dreams. Entities of greater strength who take on beast form may have their own agendas. The Scryers will attempt to understand each case by case and discern the Truth of their nature.
Techniques

Mirroring
Rashila's Mirror is fine tuned to deflect negative energies away from the city and back into the Chaos. While deflecting the negative and reflecting the positive energies, the Mirror absorbs a bit of each in balance, allowing it to become stronger and this more able to do what it was designed to do.

Reflection

Reflection is a technique used by the Scryers of Truth which allows Truth to be revealed and reflected back. The Prime of the Scryers of Truth, Rashila's Mirror is able to reflect truthful energies back to the city, thus promoting growth within the house, the city, and the individual dreamer as well. Scrying is an example of reflection.

Deflection

Deflection is a technique used by the Scryers of Truth to discern deceptive energy and deflect it outside the City of Dreams. The Prime of the Scryer of Truth, Rashila's Mirror is able to deflect these deceptive energies outside the City of Dreams. It is out belief that the Hotai planted the eggs which brought about the lesser beasts to bring chaos and confusion to our dreams. We wish to return the balance.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

To Star Scream... here is both versions beliefs of the game... enjoy the read, everyone has their own opinions, I respect that. I have good memories of the Dream City as a SOT player. http://underlightwiki.com/Category:Past_Houses
In response to Kailee's post.
The house was open almost a year Kailee and contributed major scryings to a lot of rps. Many still hold the beliefs of Scryers. I am not familiar with your version, I am sorry you seemed soured on SOT... those of us that experienced our version worked hard on our beliefs. Wardens was one of them till it fell into disray and the GMS decided to switch to the Amarathine RP. I look forward to experiencing the old, but I am still a SOT at heart. ;)
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Pickman
Dreamer

Post by Pickman »

The Cult of Bashir was established by Ra'as in the house at the top of Edgeward Barrows.

Essentially he heard a voice speaking to him from outside the dream, demanding that we bow to it and offer it supplication in exchange for its love. Ra'as was the first leader of the Cult, and soon followers were coming on board with the potential for easy power.

Eventually, Bashir appeared in the form of an incredibly powerful nightmare, though SoT players referred to them as beasts. He sacrificed dreamers and used their energies to promote and empower his loyal followers, and those in the higher eschelon of his priesthood would be gifted with the "True Form", transformed into nightmares of considerable strength.

Bashir made a demand of dreamsoul sacrifice from his followers, often in the form of ritual bloodletting of themselves.

When Ra'as was deposed and ceased dreaming for some time, the Cult was reordered from a high priest to being controlled via a Triumvirate, each with a different title and role in running the organization.

I'm having a hard time remembering a lot more past that, I'm sorry. I've got a horrible memory.