Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

So far

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

So far

Post by Elmer »

Just been reading the thread about why people are or aren't playing. form my perspective so far, i LOVE this, it has been alot of fun so far even if there aren't tons
of people around. One thing though that made me laugh my ass off, but in there, i just ignored. Somebody emoted something about grammar, can't even remember what name it was, because it wasn't important, but uh ok well i don't take the time to capitalize or put in a comma here or there, but it isn't because i'm illiterate or whatever, i'm just lazy but really?
Who cares if i use an I or an i in a game like this, don't you still know what elmer is saying? lol maybe i'm paranoid and it wasn't even meant for me, but i kinda think it was. hahaha
anyways, it's fun, i like it, and it's a nice diversion.
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Dina

Re: So far

Post by Dina »

Yeah I don't capitalize in game either, I have tried on other chars and go back to what I am used to lol. I TRY to put in commas though.

I hate when people emote: **** doesn't understand your verbage or **** feels sad

BAH!
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

i don't even use periods or occasionally even apostrophes. Embrace.. errr embrace the illiteracy, let it flow...
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

Well in all honesty.. if you were speaking and not writing, no one would know the difference anyway :)
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Pheasant
Dreamer

Post by Pheasant »

SnowAngel wrote:Well in all honesty.. if you were speaking and not writing, no one would know the difference anyway :)
Ding! Winner! I'm sure some people have noticed my random lack of a space between words, sometimes several words. This keyboard has possibly the least sensitive space bar I've ever had the misfortune of encountering. I have to practically beat it.
DONE
Elmer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Elmer

Post by Elmer »

yup, mine does that too sometimes and i've actually noticed a lot of others who have that trouble too, must be a universal pain in the ass problem. lol
Whisperer>>elms<<Naturalist
-Greed breeds destruction-
-You'll only ever see what I choose to show you-
-Manners are free-
-The Music of Nature fills the cracks in the mind that words will never reach-
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I will admit that misspelled words drive me crazy (short drive, but hush), mostly due to my job. Spelling is only an issue when it impedes understanding.
@Pheasant, until I got my new laptop, AJ was notorious for having no spaces between her words, which made her seem like she was speaking like an auctioneer :lol:
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

beat it...beat that spacebar, I actually have a new precision keyboard, I'm sure folks have been noticing Uthy missing B's randomly the past few weeks....that's why
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
-Lacie-
Ascended Dreamers
Character Name(s): Purple Lace, etal

Post by -Lacie- »

I dunno 'bout ye peeps but I'ma missin' Aidan Finnegan 'bout now! That younin bes knowin' how t'talk right!

~Lacie~
~Lacie~
Keeper of the Eternal Shadow
Screchethan Kabal
"Cuz Clever got me this far, then Tricky got me in."