Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

The end of Lyra UL

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Miriel
Dreamer

The end of Lyra UL

Post by Miriel »

So what really happened in the last months of 2006?

Those of us who were dreaming from October to December 2006 lived through the story which was written to "prove the truth" of Illumination. we had Lyran characters telling of Darkmares ravaging their homes on Cloudsbreak, Soulspheres showing up in Threshold claiming to have been Dreamstruck on Cloudsbreak and pursued into the Dream by Dreamstrikers supposedly from their Cloudsbreak homes.

If conflict in Clash of Dreams is based on the the fight between Freesouls and Illuminates, then what we remember from those months has to have been some sort of delusion or nightmare. If Illumination was "proven," then there's no real basis for the conflict. I suppose one could claim that those intervening years never happened: that we have no memories of those months, and that we last dreamed only a day or two ago.

Is there at least an outline for a story of the old Dream's ending which allows us all to restart on more or less the same page? It would make more sense if there were some accepted explanation of what happened and where we've all been in the meantime so that the Lumies can't claim they were right all along and the Frees have to deny that that both their memories and those of the Lumies ever actually happened.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: The end of Lyra UL

Post by Cherokee »

From what I understand, the last few months of Lyra UL will pretty much be erased in the history books. So the FreeSoul vs. Illuminates conflict can continue on, with the SoTers (Idoaclesians) added to the mix. Koi-Drama is currently writing the storyline; you can check it out in the in-character forums: Athenaeum of Dreams.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.