Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Looking For Feedback

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Aileron
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Aileron

Looking For Feedback

Post by Aileron »

So this month will make it 6 months since I brought Ail back to the city. It's been a great time so far and I figured now would be a good time to get some feedback from those who interact with my character.

How do you feel the character is? Is there something that could be improved upon with him or heck even just your overall take of him. I have been wanting to ask this for a bit now and I think coming up soon I am going to try and do a little something that will help the city understand where he comes from. A lot of his mannerisms come from his past so it will be fun to share some of that with the community.

So be honest and let me know! I want to try and push the character forward as much as possible and knowing where to work on or what people think are good points and bad is a good start! Also I don't get offended or mad over opinions so feel free to share. Just don't be too mean or I may have to go talk to a tub of frosting and stare at a kitty motivational poster (I will hang in there!). Let's be serious here, no one wants that...well...frosting does sound good :P
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life." - Pvt. Lenoard L. Church
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Re: Looking For Feedback

Post by Uthanatos »

I think Ail is a phenomenal character, considering how much Uthy interacts with him, I've gotten to see a lot of how he reacts to, and feels about different things. That being said, your official review is linked below.

https://catmacros.wordpress.com/2009/07 ... t-is-good/
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

Frey just knows him from their edgeward adventures but enjoys his company.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Aileron has taught more than one of my characters. His tasks are not incredibly difficult which I appreciate. Aileron needs to be able to sphere though, because as far as availability goes, Aileron as a teacher has been near the top of my list from day one.
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

OfF KiLTeR would give Aileron more hi-fives... but he is still dogmatically inclined to keep a certain level of decorum when dealing with Calenture.
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

OfF KiLTeR wrote:OfF KiLTeR would give Aileron more hi-fives... but he is still dogmatically inclined to keep a certain level of decorum when dealing with Calenture.
Damned Lumies
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

As you and I have had many discussions.. Ail is a very intense character. Snow has known Ail for a very long time. I think they became siblings like 12ish years ago? ( even though I was gone for about 10 of those!).
Ail is generally an easy going character but has tendencies to run high on emotions.. whatever they may be ( good or bad) - but maybe that is mostly with those the character is closest too?
I think he is a well rounded toon and I have enjoyed getting to know some of the backstory on him through some of the RPs that have gone on.
He is fiercely loyal and dedicated to what he believes in and loves/cares for, be it family, house, core beliefs etc. He remains true , always to those things, which can sometimes be hard for characters.

I think you have done a great job with him. Look forward to seeing where you want to take him from here.
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

As a player, I like Aileron. He's an ideal figure of leadership which inspires others to become more involved in whatever project he undertakes. He's more of a leader than a ruler. Other characters just want to rule, throw titles around, and delegate all work while absorbing credit for other dreamer's efforts. He often gets into the thick of it all and shows others they are equally important to the task at hand. He walks alongside his housemates and not in front of them or above them.

As a teacher, he is absolutely involved with his students and often goes above and beyond. He's remains constant in his style, approach, and dedication and doesn't demand any thing in return for his time. He has displayed all the qualities of a true Master Teacher while still basically in the infancy of his teaching career while other more experienced teachers often tend to stammer and stutter their way through simple interviews and evaluations. And he's HUMBLE which makes the character all the more pleasant and enjoyable to interact with on a consistent basis.

Good work.
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

Uthanatos wrote: Damned Lumies
To quote the venerable Takana of earlier dreams...
DIE ILLUMINATE SCUM DIE!
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I've been thinking of what to say here because there is a lot hee hee.
Aileron, in a lot of ways, is AJ's rock. There is nothing she can say to him that will make him think less of her and oddly, vice versa. They are like the annoying divorced couple that are still best friends :lol: Aileron is on the short list for people AJ would die for.
He is one of the most compassionate and non-judgemental characters. He always gives the benefit of the doubt and hell have mercy if you abuse that. He can be very emotional at times, this is not always a bad thing. He is very passionate and protective (Sorry for repeating what Snow said). He never thinks he is above anything or anyone. He is a fantastic leader in that respect. He is always ready to get his hands dirty and more than willing to share or pass off the praise. He is a pillar of the City.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

I've had nothing but good experiences with Aileron. You've established the character as exceptionally dependable and a remarkably on point House Calenture character, fusing old traditions with new. For any short comings the character has shown, he is willing to own problems and make right what is not. I've seen very selfless acts where Aileron puts someone before himself. Keep up the good work!
Dina

Post by Dina »

When Dina looks at Aileron, she sees Calenture and most of the others don't make Dina sense it. That is not a hit on anyone else ok? Dina rather have Aileron as the ruler, that is all. He is nice and not bullheaded...he is also easy to talk to in game. I guess I feel that way with Arlyana too. Another thing, Dina likes to teach Aileron because he usually brings back good reports.

Aileron is good and wholesome. Kudos to you.
Jones
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jones Shaw

Post by Jones »

Nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said.
Ail is true blue Calenture and like a father figure to many of the initiates.
Well done!
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Just points at the above posts

There isn't much of anything I can say that hasn't been said already. From the interactions I've had with him in game, he has well thought out background and a lot of history but doesn't hold onto the history at the expense of the now. I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes from here :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Aileron
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Aileron

Post by Aileron »

:oops: Wow. I truly appreciate the responses so far. I came up with Ail when I was 16 and really was my first time trying to create a character on my own. It was actually difficult for me at first and for the most part I kept Ail more true to my RL self then someone completely different. As time went on however and I learned how to build a character, I started branching him off into his own being. There is still a lot of me in that character, though (Mostly the snarky sarcasm lol) :P.

I look forward to what I have in store for my character and also giving you all a glimpse into just what makes him tick. Thank you all for the countless hours of fun and entertainment and the memories.
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life." - Pvt. Lenoard L. Church
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

ail needs to switch to the darkside and help cey return to mayhem...!
Uthanatos
Dreamer

Post by Uthanatos »

Ceyllynn wrote:ail needs to switch to the darkside and help cey return to mayhem...!
Dear God(s) no, Uthy would go nuts, there's already too many things that can possibly go wrong for him to plan for them all.
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

but... cey is such a nice, sweet, loving toon... she only kidnaps hc and forces them to do things against their will till they try to strike her...