Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

What Community Role?

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

What Community Role?

Post by Arnaya »

Out of curiosity, and honestly... what community role do you see your characters as filling within the City of Underlight? Are they one the shop keepers, or maybe a vagrant sleeping under a bridge... a hired gun/vigilante maybe? A religious leader, or a rightous crusader out to clean up the riff raff? Any other role that a city has?

These are some of the ones I see:

- Arnaya: Local history buff/activist. Volinteer with the city guard
- Thunderman: Frustrated Guard Captain
- Bladeslayer: Religious leader, half corrupted zealot
- Zsa Zsa: Traumatized Social worker
- Jade: Tired undercover Narc officer with a troubled past
- Dreiko: Well meaning but shady Politico
- Lu Chaos: Community gangbanger thug with delusions of grandeur
- Purple Lace: Corrupt Politician
- Dina: Street worker (Edit: NOT THAT KIND OF STREET WORKER YOU PERVERTS!! LOL).
- Arlyana Jax: City Guard PR Officer
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Re: What Community Role?

Post by Cherokee »

Haha, these are perfect...except when I saw Dina's, I was thinking "She's gonna flip when she sees this!" :lol:
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

Thunderman hasn't been an active guardsman since the beginning of clash of dreams :)
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

This was hilarious. I laughed till I cried :lol:
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I see Lu Chaos as a motivational speaker. Regardless of what he motivates you to do, he motivates you and that's all that matters. ;)
I don't know if I would say AJ is an officer. She's more of a behind the scenes type. Geek, nerd, librarian maybe.
Flower of Cienn that co-worker everyone wants to ahem and is awesome at her job.
Aileron/Uthy the bartenders that let you vent and don't judge because they understand.
Anasina that annoyingly cute, happy person that you just can't bring yourself to hate.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Dina

Post by Dina »

W T F...
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

I kinda see Uthy as that guy who's got his fingers in too many pies, ya know like Community Watch, volunteer firefighter, boy scout troop leader, school event volunteer....ya know, the kind of guy who's probably setting himself up to run for city council or something because he thinks it somehow makes a difference.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

Lu Chaos is a gangbanger?
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

The way he presents himself. I'm kinda seeing "The Warriors" type ganger. The one that gathers a group around him and insists that the city is "His" and all that sorta thing. So, maybe Criminal Lieutenant would be better?

As for the things I put up, those were just kinda my perceptions of a couple of characters in game. If you see them otherwise, Please put up your own "role in the Community" thoughts :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Malarky is the smelly hobo that screams the world is ending in a language nobody understands (because they're not really words...they're malarky).
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

OfF KiLTeR is probably an eccentric inventor of novelty items that there is no particular demand for.
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

cey - instigator
Dina

Post by Dina »

I would say Lu is more like the "Boss" of the Mafia.

I found out what a Street Worker is because I thought of course she was saying Dina stands on the corner and works it!!!

01:33:06: You whisper to Arnaya: ((WHAT THE HELL? STREET WORKER?))
01:33:50: Arnaya whispers: (( I didn't say Street Walker... Street Worker, like one of the people that deals with everyone around and tries to get the homeless off the streets LOL ))
01:36:17: Arnaya whispers: (( Dina's kind of a general, help everyone out kind of teacher. Give a hand with quests, etc etc... thus where I got it. I'm not sure what term would be safe to use now though *giggles* ))

bops Arnaya over the head

AND HEY, I did say worker, not walker!
fr3y
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Frey, Kendo, That one guy

Post by fr3y »

Nice save arnaya !
Last edited by fr3y on Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11:11:28: Purple Lace: Frayed logic
11:11:39: You Say: no
11:11:43: You Say: Freyed logic

I don't compete, I'm the prize.
Arnaya
Dreamer

Post by Arnaya »

I really did mean the ones I put up to be general community roles, not to take pot shots at anyone. I'm loving the responses :)
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Dina wrote:01:33:06: You whisper to Arnaya: ((WHAT THE HELL? STREET WORKER?))
01:33:50: Arnaya whispers: (( I didn't say Street Walker... Street Worker, like one of the people that deals with everyone around and tries to get the homeless off the streets LOL ))
01:36:17: Arnaya whispers: (( Dina's kind of a general, help everyone out kind of teacher. Give a hand with quests, etc etc... thus where I got it. I'm not sure what term would be safe to use now though *giggles* ))

bops Arnaya over the head

AND HEY, I did say worker, not walker!
That's called a social worker here.
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

No edits and no take backs! It was funnier when we took it the wrong way :lol:
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

Jiovanni - Smooth talking District Attorney with Fashionista tendencies... the type that always wants to look good on camera close-ups.
Wolfgar
Dreamer

Post by Wolfgar »

Jiovanni --- Underlight's equivalent to Ryan Seacrest if he were a Kardashian "why are they famous???"

--Wolfgar
Braelynn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sidari Kai

Post by Braelynn »

Braelynn -- Fashion designer. Works only with the color blue. Ever.
Owner of the infamous Night Dress and WishBringer's heart
Dina

Post by Dina »

smacks Gina!
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Clarity: Highschool teacher with telltale signs of burnout and PTSD, rumors of a near death experience and speculation of what her previous job in another city was - ranging from black ops to top-of-field <thing>. No one knows if any of it is true.
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Jones
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jones Shaw

Post by Jones »

Jones Shaw - Stand up comedian at open mike night at the local small town dive.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I rather get:

Dina: The community Nurse that....loves to stick people with needles? Yup, that's me...errr Dina!!

Oh this is supposed to be made up and not true?
Sorsha
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sorsha

Post by Sorsha »

Considering the Sorsha character was based in part on Bellatrix Lestrange, the only place in a community I can
picture her is in a high secrurity mental institution. ie: "Lucid Moments". :lol:
++SC++
++Quipster++
++Master Sender++
++Idealist++
++Wanderer++
++Opportunist++