Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

ooc message leading directly to ic conflict ?

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
kendo
Dreamer
Character Name(s): kendo,and those two other dudes

ooc message leading directly to ic conflict ?

Post by kendo »

if a player reacts poorly in game to some thoughtful OOC advice given via PM, that states that it was OOC in the message... and in fact chooses to cease all relations in game between the two dreamers.. Am I missing something here or is that non kosher to a major degree ?
There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination. -Edmund Burke

“Who needs sports stardom when you can shoot fireballs from your fingertips?”
― Ethan Gilsdorf
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Re: ooc message leading directly to ic conflict ?

Post by Inzoum »

There were other IC reasons prior to that PM. The OOC PM just added to it on a separate level. Those IC tensions were going to happen anyway given kendo's back and forth between opposing Houses and other small things adding up... I know who you're talking about but that's not the onlyperson who's discussed kendo unfavorably in the past week in a completely IC context.

Sorry, mate, people get wary of these kind of things. If your character is already drawing suspicion, maybe OOC criticism isn't such a tactful thing to do.

Just my two cents.
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

How people respond to you OOC in the game varies. Some people may ignore it. Others may be offended. If the player decides not to interact with your character for your violation of the rules clearly stated before you logged into it, that's their call. I personally would report it before I ignored people, but it depends on how annoying you were and what the nature of the "advice" was.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

This is a roleplaying enforced game. A player has every right to expect others to stay in character at all times. A player also expect the right and option to determine the type of interactions (or lack thereof) they have on any medium.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”