Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Bravo!

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Bravo!

Post by LadySilver »

Purple lace and lu chaos you have achieved your goal I am done.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Re: Bravo!

Post by Arnaya »

Crap... I'm sorry. I understand, but I'd urge the break instead of leaving for good. Please don't leave us Sil, you're going to be missed very badly.
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Black Cloud
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Cloud

Post by Black Cloud »

You're one of the most active players that I see, and I'm sure there are many who depend on you. Not to add any pressure, but I don't think it's anyone's wish to drive you out of the city, even if they may say so. There's no point in that. Surely some lost XP isn't everything! This is the Clash of Dreams after all. This is unfortunate, and I hope that you can find an IC solution that works for you. But either way, I wish you all the best.
Butterfly
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arlyana Jax

Post by Butterfly »

I'm sorry hun. I hope a break is all that is needed, you are loved.
Arlyana Jax Shaw
Sovereign of Stuffing
Amanuensis of Academia
Eternal Calenturian

Uthanatos: I don't know what you are talking about, that's not a woman, it's an AJ
Anasina
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Anasina

Post by Anasina »

You're a very special part of the dream that would be sorely missed if you left us. I know it's hard and frustrating sometimes, but I hope you come back to us soon. Take all the time you need and know we'll be waiting for you.
*'~Anasina R. Dupree-Aileron~'*
*'~Blueberry of Mischief~'*
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

*Snuggles Sil* take a few days off, read a book or go soak up some sunshine, and take care of yourself, k? I worry <3
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Wolfgar
Dreamer

Post by Wolfgar »

Normally don't reply on these, because experience has taught me we all go through ups and downs, and sometimes the desire for a permanent break from the game becomes overwhelming. "It's just a game" is really not a valid attempt to say the emotions are not warranted, because it is my experience that emotions really don't differentiate between online/offline inputs...they simply feel. Being older than quite a few, I lived a majority of my life without the internet and 24/7 access to people all over the world, but have lived my adult life plugged in a great deal through games, work, family, etc and I find it very interesting sociologically now as the number of people who are starting relationships grows online that the phrase "it's just a game" still exists to justify people's actions against another. If on the one hand you say it isn't "real" yet in the same breathe you acknowledge the emotions of a relationship growing it seems disingenuous. It is dismissive to the person having the emotions, because whatever you choose to invest your time in grows to have a very personal nature, whether it is a game, a book, a hobby, family...whatever is important.

We can all look around the world right now and find war, strife, hatred, anger, and divisive scenarios galore, but that does not mean it has to be mirrored in all aspects of our lives. UL is not a game one "wins" because there is no end game I am aware of. Bladeslayer has not won because he is the highest sphere...Gerroz didn't win because he got there first (if he wasn't first it was not intentional on my part). I am all for combat, I am all for people pitting themselves against one another in many different ways, but I would submit this....if you really dislike someone outside of the game or if you really dislike someone in the game, rather than simply trying to tear them down, why don't you raise yourself up. Instead of attending an event with the sole interest to criticize the person holding it, hold something better at a different time. Own them by doing it better, not by tearing down what they are trying to do. Instead of trying to sabotage another house, make your house the one everyone wants to be in....in the end you achieved the goal, but you didn't intentionally destroy someone else's fun along the way.

End of soapbox event....feel free to throw the stones....*chuckles*

And to LadySilver......listen to this again....and read the words.....you will find your way back when the time is right for you. It remains one of my favorite songs as I said the other night in the game.

--Wolfgar aka Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxzsG0UKzQs
Dina

Post by Dina »

What I don't get, is that out here they know it is bothering someone ic and ooc, but still act like thugs in game.
Sweething
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sweething

Post by Sweething »

I too needed at one time, many years ago, to take a break and I did. You will find your way back to the dream when you are ready to do so hun. You will be missed by many! Take care of yourself an treat yourself with fun and relaxation. Try to reduce the stress you were feeling and just allow yourself to be.......

~ Sweet
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

I'll miss you dearly, you know that.

It's one thing to roleplay opposition and it's quite another to hunt people down every hour and ruin their entire play experience. In the end, it's killing the player base as players realize they don't actually have to deal with any of this shit for the sake of a video game.

Send me a PM here if you'd like to keep in touch...

Also, we've worked out a way to keep things running in the Alliance, don't worry about it...
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
OfF KiLTeR
Dreamer
Character Name(s): OfF KiLTeR

Post by OfF KiLTeR »

I'll keep a place warm for you roomie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

OfF KiLTeR wrote:I'll keep a place warm for you roomie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIdIqbv7SPo
Well, if we're responding with videos....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhUlQ_Cay74
SnowAngel
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Snow Angel X

Post by SnowAngel »

Wolfgar wrote:Normally don't reply on these, because experience has taught me we all go through ups and downs, and sometimes the desire for a permanent break from the game becomes overwhelming. "It's just a game" is really not a valid attempt to say the emotions are not warranted, because it is my experience that emotions really don't differentiate between online/offline inputs...they simply feel. Being older than quite a few, I lived a majority of my life without the internet and 24/7 access to people all over the world, but have lived my adult life plugged in a great deal through games, work, family, etc and I find it very interesting sociologically now as the number of people who are starting relationships grows online that the phrase "it's just a game" still exists to justify people's actions against another. If on the one hand you say it isn't "real" yet in the same breathe you acknowledge the emotions of a relationship growing it seems disingenuous. It is dismissive to the person having the emotions, because whatever you choose to invest your time in grows to have a very personal nature, whether it is a game, a book, a hobby, family...whatever is important.

We can all look around the world right now and find war, strife, hatred, anger, and divisive scenarios galore, but that does not mean it has to be mirrored in all aspects of our lives. UL is not a game one "wins" because there is no end game I am aware of. Bladeslayer has not won because he is the highest sphere...Gerroz didn't win because he got there first (if he wasn't first it was not intentional on my part). I am all for combat, I am all for people pitting themselves against one another in many different ways, but I would submit this....if you really dislike someone outside of the game or if you really dislike someone in the game, rather than simply trying to tear them down, why don't you raise yourself up. Instead of attending an event with the sole interest to criticize the person holding it, hold something better at a different time. Own them by doing it better, not by tearing down what they are trying to do. Instead of trying to sabotage another house, make your house the one everyone wants to be in....in the end you achieved the goal, but you didn't intentionally destroy someone else's fun along the way.

End of soapbox event....feel free to throw the stones....*chuckles*

And to LadySilver......listen to this again....and read the words.....you will find your way back when the time is right for you. It remains one of my favorite songs as I said the other night in the game.

--Wolfgar aka Thomas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxzsG0UKzQs

Well said!!! I think you hit the nail directly on the head with what you said here.

Sil- you will be missed and I get it. I left the game for 10 years due to some very similar reasons. I hope you won't take 10 years off. Take some time to regroup. You are a vital part of the community. Drink some wine.. hell drink a lot of wine! Some nights I do and it makes the shit in the game easier to deal with! <3
Come back when you are ready and as the commerical on tv says.... "We'll leave the light on for you!"
Sarah
There are times when we stop.. We sit still... We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.
James Carroll
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

See you Silver. Sorry things went wrong! It's been good playing with you - thanks for all the help you've given me.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

Here's hoping you get a well deserved break. LadySilver is a staple of the game and it would be sad to have her absent from it. She's very beloved by many of her peers.
vens1o1
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lum

Post by vens1o1 »

Thankyou for all the memories and gifts, and time spent together, and all the many teaching classes and tasks Silver!
vens1o1
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lum

Post by vens1o1 »

you are missed greatly and everyone is sorry this happened
Ceyllynn
Dreamer

Post by Ceyllynn »

i wonder if you're the same silver i remember? either way... at one time i played one of the most hated/loved/feared(joking!) depending on your view toons in the game, while i thrived on causing conflict and being in conflict a lot... doing nothing but it constantly in the game, which is RP based... can seriously wear you down and take the fun out of it. while some can justifibly say "well i only hunted them once" or "well they RP evil most of the time!(in my case)" or "well it's house wars!" etc... it can have a culmnitive effect on players and cause the playerbase and individual players to leave... sometimes to take a short break and others, to never return. just because you attacked someone once, doesn't mean half a dozen others also didn't do it too that particular playperiod. for some it's just conflict free rp that they love about the game, others it's only the fighting, i'd think for most though... it's that thrilling mix of conflict free rp mixed with down and dirty fighting. if you want to keep a playerbase, conflict even if only verbal can be a lot of fun, but just remember, behind those pixels is another player who is trying to have fun too.
Inzoum
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Inzoum Zimia, Asaniel

Post by Inzoum »

Welcome back, Cey!

It's nice to have an evil character with a controller who actually understands that there is such a thing as ruining the fun for others. I can not thank you enough for saying these things and I hope that other players who chose to play evil characters can learn something from it and help make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Yes, evil done right is enjoyable and exciting. Harrasment is not.
Inzoum Carrere Zimia
6th Sphere GateKeeper of the Lyran City, Dream Traveler
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

Inzoum wrote:
Yes, evil done right is enjoyable and exciting. Harrasment is not.
Like!
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

Welcome back from me as well Cey. I am the Silver you remember. Somehow this time, Silver became a "power" player. Who would have guessed? Mostly due to available time to dream. This making Silver a favored target good and bad. Silver is not "evil" and has a temper.

I hope you all know it has been the love of the magic that exists only in Underlight that has kept me within her walls. Each of you being is a part of that magic. We will call this a break. I will bring Silver back on my terms.

Thank you to everyone for you posts especially the music. Nothing speaks to me more. You have made me laugh and cry. I am feeling better.

Two songs:

Dream by Imagine Dragons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWu7JDETw_I

Dream Life, Life by Colbie Caillat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbk560ZEIfY
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

One of my favourites when I'm getting a bit run down.

"Amen" by Halestorm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGchlqCjj8A
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Post by LadySilver »

Amen!
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Oh...Is this what we're doing now?

HIJACK ENGAGED

When I want to get lost on a note, I'm looking for something that has more notes than words. Classical, Instrumental, Beatbox, Rock

Classical
Classical
Instrumental
Instrumental
Beatbox
Beatbox
Rock
Rock

My favorite songs the last few years have been when an artist takes another bands song and sings it in a way that tells the story differently making the song new again.
Lorde remake of the Tears for Fears classic "Everybody wants to rule the world"
A Perfect Circle remake of the Depeche Mode song "People are People"
Disturbed remake of the Simon and Garfunkle classic "The Sound of Silence"(I chose this because the acoustics sounded better to me than the studio release)
Johnny Cash remake of the Tool song "Hurt"
Al Green's remake of The Brothers Gibb song "How can you mend a broken heart?"
Whitney Houston's remake of Dolly Parton's "I will always love you"

It's these gems that are the only reason I'll ever watch a competition with singers. I want them to shift the paradigm.
Trent Harmon remake of Chandelier by Sia
Brian Crum's remake of Creep by Radiohead

If anyone has another remake that changed their perspective on a song, add to the list!

I'll take anything that carries my mind along for a ride really.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

When I get frustrated and need something to take the edge off, I go with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTR-SsNRcnU

When I've had enough, and it's time to stand up and take action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bzWSJG93P8

And finally, when I hit F-it and decide it's time to destroy everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELYWF2x0tU

I'll point out, that song was playing on my headset when I wiped out Megaton and Tenpenny Towers, also when I decided I'd just kill all the guards in the capital during Oblivion, and furthermore, when I killed Vivec, also when I took the deathstar to almost half the galaxy because the damned rebs kept trying to infiltrate my planets.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days