Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Silvers Rant

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Re: Silvers Rant

Post by Sidas »

Lu Chaos wrote: You guys have your hidden sphere tasks amongst your houses, your little tasks that nobody knows about, but when Lu Chaos has a task to do something, how and why, what where who, everything about it has to be revealed
There's a slightly missed point here. There are Sphere task rules about visibility of a task to ensure that a Sphere task is "worthy". There is an exception to this rule for things that cannot be made visible for them to have a chance to succeed. So, even if the person in question is not advertising the task, their work should still be visible so that people can make a relatively educated guess at what they did.

For example, Dreiko's 7th Sphere was the first "secret" task under the new rules. This task was to Forge the DS Focal Weapon and use it against Agonarius WHILE ensuring Thunderman did not succeed at his attempt to strike Agonarius down. Only 3 people (Gerroz, Dreiko, Herbert) ever saw the task. Only one other person actually knew what the task was and was told at the very last minute. However, if you asked people immediately after Dreiko received 7th Sphere, I have a feeling a good portion of the people would be able to make a rather educated guess at his task (considering several people came very close to guessing it at the time).

Now, on the other hand, what can Underlight players say that Lu Chaos did?
  • He had his mercenary thing that lasted for 5 minutes.
    He tried to open KoES and quit.
    He did his "sight into the future" bit with threatening everyone else.
    He joined up with Purple Lace.
    He attacked and then joined with Zaxun.
    After that, he just PK'd people.
It was just very underwhelming and leaves people rightfully wondering (rightly or wrongly) why Lu Chaos gets special benefits. Being a PC antagonist is not reason enough to get more. Gerroz, as an example, had to do even more than most people because of his role as an antagonist. Dreiko/Blade have similar constraints, however, overcoming those are a big part of character building and it's something Lu Chaos, the character, has not had to do.

At times, it just seems like it's easier to threaten to quit. Once you return, you seem to have an easier path to whatever it was you wanted (whether it be a Sphere or being able to PK more people).
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

Dreiko who are you to tell me what I have done? You dont rp with me nor ask questions stop talking like you have my character figured out because you dont. You guys dont want Lu to go berserk? Admit defest and stop antaonizing him. Get stronger. Hell even try to kill him but the crying has to stop. Lu wont stop attacking anyone unless you stop talking crap to him.
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

The sphere completion for Lu Chaos was my decision - I thought he had done enough for it.

If it's the judgement of the community that he didn't do enough, then that's fine, I apologize for it. I'm sorry my mistake, I'm not going to strip it from him, what's done is done.

Don't blame Lu or take it out on Lu my mistake. If anything WishBringers halo could be stripped.

And Clarity, your words were perfect, thank you.