Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Silvers Rant

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
LadySilver
Dreamer

Silvers Rant

Post by LadySilver »

I am very confused. Why has Underlight become a game where mass collapse to pad ones sphere is not only allowed but encouraged We get it from every side every day and it's gotten old. I came back hoping to make a difference and this constant attacking for no reason is lame and really has no value for anyone. This is what I am not only feeling but hearing This is not fun. Last I knew that what this was suppose to be a game and fun. Underlight has things no other game has ever offered it is a place many of us love and have loved playing. Dreamers have no recourse. There are no options. We are now dreamstuck at whims and have no real rp with dreamers than cannot make up their minds from dream to dream. This is not why I spend the time I do in the dream. This is not why I do all I can so there is some other option. I know there is fighting in Underlight but there has always been others things offered. Tell me we arent just another rp game for nothing more than fighting. Don't bother telling me not to take it personal the time I invest makes it that way. If this was what everyone wants I would walk away and shut up but I am not the only one.
Princess
Dreamer
Character Name(s): ZsaZsa~ tiny princess

Re: Silvers Rant

Post by Princess »

its absolutely ridiculous what is going on right now, he warded and continued to ward abusing and harassing dreamers that just wanted to have fun and a quiet night. I for one work 60 freaking a week, last thing I need is an immature pumped up dream ruin not only the TASTY meeting, but the family gather as well. Its okay to continue to collapse over and over with no real consequence for this player, I heard 7 players threaten to walk away from the game tonight due to one players action of harassment. I am one of those players.
You see a pressed seal of wax is etched displaying in the center an empty Sigil. The etching is shaped in the manner of a coat of arms. The top right sector, a teacup, the top left, a dolly.
Zsa Zsa,tiny princess of the City of Dreams
silina
Dreamer
Character Name(s): silina

Post by silina »

i compleatly agree i dont understand how players are getting away with these childish games isnt this supposed to be for mature people if they want to pk they need to go play wow or asherons call
vens1o1
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lum

Post by vens1o1 »

I enjoy the fun I admit it, I am one that enjoys PKing and fighting even though I always lose at it, I enjoy losing but that is not why I am posting here and supporting the above posts, it is because the entire thing tonight with the attacking has had "NO VALID ROLEPLAY REASON" if there was one it did not have valid character or dream building solutions nor was there an able bodied reason to support the argument of the attacker in any regard, my character was able to hold conversation but that converstation did not make much of any sense what so ever for any realistic offer to refute my characters ideas or anything what so ever of anything. (sorry if im not being clear here) but to sum it all up the roles dont add up tonight, it feels like im playing a pk game around this certian someone attacking for exp reasons and i can see why players are upset and re-considering their reasons for playing their roles here on their characters while some other players are able to get away with having no real roleplay reasons to collapse over and over other dreamers in game. and making people say: "I give up!"
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

If players are mass collapsing IE-Force Restore in an excessive manner it is exploitation. I don't know how you can mass collapse people in any other fashion.
Dina

Post by Dina »

From what I understand, PK'n is against the rules.
vens1o1
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lum

Post by vens1o1 »

silina wrote:i compleatly agree i dont understand how players are getting away with these childish games isnt this supposed to be for mature people if they want to pk they need to go play wow or asherons call
exactly!!! i am playing Underlight right now and not Asherons call becuase I am here for *real* roleplay along with the actions of those around me. I have Asheron's Call installed right now, i even have Warframe installed that has PKing. Underlight is supposed to be more refined then this
Princess
Dreamer

Post by Princess »

It is just over the top now. He thinks he can keep harassing. He was asked to politely leave, 16 times. He refused and kept attacking everyone for no valid reason. Aileron is fed up, I cant say I blame him. We did have a excessive pk rule in the other game. Not sure why it isn't here?
You see a pressed seal of wax is etched displaying in the center an empty Sigil. The etching is shaped in the manner of a coat of arms. The top right sector, a teacup, the top left, a dolly.
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

File a cheat report against the character in game and state your reason. Not that Koi wouldn't investigate one report, but I would imagine multiple reports of cheating against the same player wouldn't hurt. They will investigate properly.
Aileron
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Aileron

Post by Aileron »

So my reply didn't show up so I'm trying again! If you see something like this twice I apologize, lol. The whole situation at least from my end is the character in question giving his excuses as "You have me on CoS" and then basically "No one loves me". These are not valid excuses. Even on CoS, the person in question is not hunted all the time (at least by my character). I understand that others need time to enjoy their game. The problem here is no logical reason for the actions that are being taken. It is merely an excuse to get easy energy for a sphere that was given outside the rules of sphere questing (look up the rules and see none of the requirements were met.) OOC to me it's silly and a strange choice to allow this behavior to continue. It doesn't add to anything RP wise. IC Ail has more then once commented on how the city is being "corrupt" and how things won't change even though the things going on are as illogical as can be. Whatever comes from this thread, comes. However there are players that are done with how things are going now and are voicing their opinions. Hopefully they are listened to.
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life." - Pvt. Lenoard L. Church
Lu Chaos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Lu Chaos

Post by Lu Chaos »

Lu Chaos isn't PKing, you are getting what you wanted from him from his attempts at trying to please you all over and over. If you are mad, be mad in game and do something about it, other than that, ranting in the forum will do nothing for your cause, Lu Chao's RP reason is noted as an entire house knows exactly what he is going through emotionally, I don't take pleasure in collapsing everyone over and over, but what I do take pleasure in is the role play aspect of it all... YOUR CHARACTERS CREATED THIS MONSTER, no this monster isn't lead by a GM but by a player who has had to endure the craziest things.. Play a video game which requires you to interact with other characters, and yet here he stands with no characters around him.

Deal with it, your complaints will get you nothing, everything is RPed to the fullest as I always RP my characters. I dive into them, not have some type of OOC love and hate for people, I love you all as a community no matter what character you drive, yet you hate me as a player behind a character and for what? Anyways report me, I've always followed the rules of the game and will continue too. Zsa you got what you deserved, Aileron, you got what you deserved from Lu Chaos for the constant antagonizing... ANDDDD isn't my character on your CoS list but you are crying because of what you can't beat Lu Chaos alone?

This saddens me as a true dedicated player and fan of this game. Misunderstandings like this are what we are humans will always suffer from. Judgemental minds who don't try to view the other side of things. Lu Chaos has had to be alone since the beginning of SoT, trying to fit in, in a city where you have to kiss ass or boot lick to get what you want, and guess what? He still kept striving for this city. I don't care if you hate me, but Lu Chaos is a child of the city of dreams, YOU all created him, now deal with him.

-Matt
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

In response to Aileron, Lu Chaos has had that same sphere task for a VERY long time, and it was completed through in game action, since you aren't aware of what it is he did actually you are mad, but why? All requirements for the sphere were met, EVERYTHING. I feel that this isn't about you being sad, I feel you truly hate that character and that is your decision to hate him. Now feel his rage for what you created him to be, friends.
Aileron
Dreamer

Post by Aileron »

Lu Chaos wrote:Lu Chaos isn't PKing, you are getting what you wanted from him from his attempts at trying to please you all over and over. If you are mad, be mad in game and do something about it, other than that, ranting in the forum will do nothing for your cause, Lu Chao's RP reason is noted as an entire house knows exactly what he is going through emotionally, I don't take pleasure in collapsing everyone over and over, but what I do take pleasure in is the role play aspect of it all... YOUR CHARACTERS CREATED THIS MONSTER, no this monster isn't lead by a GM but by a player who has had to endure the craziest things.. Play a video game which requires you to interact with other characters, and yet here he stands with no characters around him.

Deal with it, your complaints will get you nothing, everything is RPed to the fullest as I always RP my characters. I dive into them, not have some type of OOC love and hate for people, I love you all as a community no matter what character you drive, yet you hate me as a player behind a character and for what? Anyways report me, I've always followed the rules of the game and will continue too. Zsa you got what you deserved, Aileron, you got what you deserved from Lu Chaos for the constant antagonizing... ANDDDD isn't my character on your CoS list but you are crying because of what you can't beat Lu Chaos alone?

This saddens me as a true dedicated player and fan of this game. Misunderstandings like this are what we are humans will always suffer from. Judgemental minds who don't try to view the other side of things. Lu Chaos has had to be alone since the beginning of SoT, trying to fit in, in a city where you have to kiss ass or boot lick to get what you want, and guess what? He still kept striving for this city. I don't care if you hate me, but Lu Chaos is a child of the city of dreams, YOU all created him, now deal with him.

-Matt

This is about the reply I expected. "Nothing is going to happen, deal with it, don't QQ because you can't beat me. You can't come at me bro. You did it to yourselves" That has nothing to do with it. People are trying to enjoy a game and from the actions the character showed tonight it shows that it doesn't matter who wants to be involved, if they get in the way, "too bad you did it to yourselves." That excuse doesn't cut it. I am more sad that this is being justified in such a way. The overall opinion has been voiced by a community. If something happens because of it then fine, if not..the game may lose some players because of it. That may not matter to some but to others it may mean a lot. I guess we will find out.
"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring, I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life." - Pvt. Lenoard L. Church
Princess
Dreamer

Post by Princess »

I dont think you are listening hun. Many players are complaining and want to leave the game due to you becoming obsessive with it. One or two, have your say and go

The Second Rule – Respect Others a) Keep your behavior appropriate at all times. If ,,,your behavior repeatedly annoys or offends others"
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

Then perhaps your characters should have stopped belittling Lu Chaos everyday for actions you simply misunderstand. You get what you deserve and every action Lu Chaos has made has always been for the sake of Roleplaying and love for this game. I won't stop loving the game nor will I quit.
Aileron
Dreamer

Post by Aileron »

Lu Chaos wrote:Then perhaps your characters should have stopped belittling Lu Chaos everyday for actions you simply misunderstand. You get what you deserve and every action Lu Chaos has made has always been for the sake of Roleplaying and love for this game. I won't stop loving the game nor will I quit.

I feel as though you are taking more of a personal offense to the whole post then should be taken. We are merely voicing our concerns for choices being made that are very illogical and the excuses of "You did this to me" or "No one loves me" don't cut the mustard so to speak. No one is telling you to quit nor is this post even meant for you. It was meant for those who can actually make a change to read it and see that there is a chunk of the community not happy with how something is happening. I personally don't know you, nor do I want to. However I am not telling you to go away either, nor is anyone else. We just want someone who can make an RP make sense to do just that...make sense. I apologize if you find this offensive to you personally. It's not that at all.
Lu Chaos
Dreamer

Post by Lu Chaos »

.... Last post from me on this topic...

You keep saying "Make sense, make sense." how does roaming a city alone all the time with no friends, no place to call home, literally alone in the city and everyone has false speculations due to what 'other' people say... Everyday characters interact with Lu Chaos gaining an understanding of him, and they talk him out of his hatred for the dreamers of the city, they tell him to be more diplomatic, tell him to act better show them your good side, and before Lu Chaos gets the SLIGHTEST chance at making a good move, bang instant antagonism... Bang instant reverse of emotional stability... Bang instant reminder that everybody hates him and he has no chance to right whatever wrongs they think he commited.. Should you have actually taken the time to investigate and show some sort of CARE about a character you would know EXACTLY what he is doing and why.. So since you are left out of the loop of things and choose the hatred side of the fence, you know nothing but what the other side tells you, that is your fault not mine. I don't take things in game to forum because it is all pointless to do so, this game is ruled by RP, we have to RP here in order to even play. There is no none RP. I just so happen to actually DIVE into my character and feel every emotion. Should you choose to hate him so be it, but I won't let you slander a character who is roleplayed by a player who loves the game and respects every single thing about it

Characters go through things that shape them, it just so happens that Lu Chaos was always a prideful dreamer even as a newly, always wanted to be great, and guess what happened even as a newly simply because he was a bit arrogant? Collapsed everyday, arts like scare cast on him all the time, blind.. As a NEWLY.. Elders refused to teach him, because he was a bit bold at the Elder women, I enjoyed RPing even back then when they didn't want to teach me in game for role play reasons, I LOVED it. Wanna know why? Because events shape characters in this game. Every event that Lu Chaos went through my entire time playing Lu Chaos has shaped him. Just like Agonarius's back story shaped him, just like Zaxun's back story shaped him, just like your back story shaped you, as well as everybody elses back story shaped them..

Don't slander me OOCly because this is no longer IC hatred, I have done everything and endured everything for the sake of this game, always have. I want EVERYONE to enjoy this game, I NEVER want you to have a dull moment, PERIOD. No matter if it makes you hate my characters or not, bringing your dreams to a reality is something this game offers, so why not dive into your deepest imaginations and enjoy it? Don't complain, react.

If that doesn't make sense as to why he reacts the way he does, so be it, but any aggression Lu Chaos displays, blame your house mates, friends, those you hang with, even yourself for siding with them and antagonizing a character on a bandwagon. That is what happens when you hurt the heart of a dreamer and player who did everything for the sake of the city, and the game..

-Matt
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

Lu Chaos wrote:Don't slander me OOCly because this is no longer IC hatred, I have done everything and endured everything for the sake of this game, always have. I want EVERYONE to enjoy this game, I NEVER want you to have a dull moment, PERIOD. No matter if it makes you hate my characters or not, bringing your dreams to a reality is something this game offers, so why not dive into your deepest imaginations and enjoy it? Don't complain, react.

If that doesn't make sense as to why he reacts the way he does, so be it, but any aggression Lu Chaos displays, blame your house mates, friends, those you hang with, even yourself for siding with them and antagonizing a character on a bandwagon. That is what happens when you hurt the heart of a dreamer and player who did everything for the sake of the city, and the game..

-Matt
I think this is part of what's causing the problem, actually; there isn't much we CAN do to "react". In reality, Lu Chaos behaving like that would end in him going to prison, but there is no prison. We don't have access to Dreamstrike and, anyway, I don't expect anyone really wants to Dreamstrike Lu because, whatever the current situation, he's overall too much fun to lose. All we can do is collapse him, and, since Matt says he's not acting rationally and therefore probably wouldn't care that he's risking losing orbits, that wouldn't stop the nuisance for longer than it takes for him to get to a Sanc and back. We have a situation where everyone doing what is IC natural for them to do leads to one person becoming a huge nuisance to all other players and nothing other players can do can counteract it much.
Either Matt needs to dilute it a little bit for the sake of not driving everybody else crazy, bearing in mind the fact that, realistically, they ought to be able to do more to stop him than they in fact can, or we need to come up with some IC way of slowing Lu down.

As for "bandwagons", Matt, you have to look at the OTHER side of "making RP sense". If Lu has been violently attacking a character's friends, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for that character to be showing him much sympathy. That's not "jumping on the bandwagon", that's just natural - anything else would be quite strange.

And, also, they're not likely to inquire much into exactly what it is that's biting Lu, because it's accepted by everyone that Lu is always kicking up a fuss about something and normally is exaggerating because he's that kind of person - he's the boy who cried wolf, in fact! Both sides seem to have painted themselves into a corner somewhat, RP-wise. Wonder how we could break the deadlock.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Noidea
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Blue; Neveren (inactive)

Post by Noidea »

P.S. Not much I can do about this myself because my character has no idea this is going on. Somebody tell her about it IC already. I literally didn't have a clue that this was happening until I read this thread. All I'd heard were some vague remarks last night about how I was lucky (I'd been complaining about being left out of everything because I can only dream early) because things in the evening were a bit TOO exciting, and I just took that to be the usual kind of "there, there, it's all right" noises that for some reason tend to be all Blue can get out of anyone when she says she has a problem.
Efforts yield rewards, not words alone.
Tember
Dreamers of Light

Post by Tember »

I agree with the other replies here. I love fighting in the game probably more than anyone. But to me, your character is nothing more than a glorified pker. I really just do not like your character and when you come around me in game I feel nothing but dread.

You have the potential to lead your character into real things, but YOU have chosen the route of pking and trash talk. And that is absolutely all I've ever seen you do since ul started back up. People's complaints are very valid, and you playing the victim card is not going to show people any different.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

By your logic, BladeSlayer and Dreiko should just roll through and PK everyone all day, every day. They have the ability, the Forge, and the Recharge to do just that.

Fortunately, the two of us have a lot of restraint when it comes to balancing in Underlight. I keep Dreiko out of a lot of fights for the sole purpose of allowing it to be balanced. Dreiko going in tends to push things over the end which makes it less fun for everyone.

As for the Lu Chaos character, I tend to just pretend he doesn't exist. The borderline OOC insults, constant and stupid PK attempts, and just general demeanor make it better to pseudo ignore him.
Uthanatos
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Uthanatos

Post by Uthanatos »

To be honest, I understand where a lot of people are coming from, not everyone enjoys the game the same way, and getting "the good fights" isn't on everyone's to do list, much of the populace of the game is largely noncombatant. Even Uthy doesn't tend to fight in the traditional sense, he just does his best to support or wear down the enemy's supplies. I'm not a huge PvPer and I can understand their frustration if it's an extended conflict. If someone provokes Lu directly like Uthy did the other night, that's one thing, but when the character becomes a rampaging rabid bear, maybe it's time to rethink things a bit.
“Sometimes it isn't easy to be sane, smart, and responsible. Sometimes it sucks. Sucks wang. Camel wang. But that doesn't turn wrong into right or stupid into smart.”
― Jim Butcher, Cold Days
Malarky
Dreamer

Post by Malarky »

Sidas wrote:By your logic, BladeSlayer and Dreiko should just roll through and PK everyone all day, every day. They have the ability, the Forge, and the Recharge to do just that.

Fortunately, the two of us have a lot of restraint when it comes to balancing in Underlight. I keep Dreiko out of a lot of fights for the sole purpose of allowing it to be balanced. Dreiko going in tends to push things over the end which makes it less fun for everyone.

As for the Lu Chaos character, I tend to just pretend he doesn't exist. The borderline OOC insults, constant and stupid PK attempts, and just general demeanor make it better to pseudo ignore him.
Gunna be honest, I like watching when Dreiko gets involved. At least then you get the impression the fight has evolved into something worth fighting for. Dreiko is good at kiting and it draws ire which makes it easier to work as a team against at times overwhelming odds, though I understand the character backing off most of the time. I just don't take the fight seriously until he's responding to it.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I can understand Matt's thinking. Like the CoS thing, don't put someone on CoS if you can't back it up. Think about your house members and the repercussions. I have no problem with Matt, but Lu Chaos is another story. I can handle the trash talking, but the constant fighting gets old. This is why a few Keepers wanted him out of the house. They didn't want the house in constant fighting mode because of Lu. Zaxun is a different story.

Don't put someone on CoS then get mad when they come after you lol. CoS is thrown out in game way too much. Dina was on CoS after 3 days coming back. I broke my record!!!!

I don't condone what Lu keeps doing in game. To me it is PK'n and the reason I say that is because all he does is fight. There is really no good rp with it.

You should know who fights and who doesn't. Go after them and leave the non fighters alone. If you're upsetting people to the point they want to leave the game because of YOU, then take a step back and see what YOU can do differently. I've had to do it before.

Matt, you're a good person, just lay off a bit with your character.
Jiovanni
Archon of Justice

Post by Jiovanni »

I'll start with the usual disclaimer that I am only speaking on my personal views and such views do not reflect anyone else, individually or combined.

I understand and respect the passion and conviction that we play this game with as we have some of the most talented and intelligent players in the gaming world, bar none. I am often amazed by the depths of my own ignorance when I see many of you engaged in your roleplaying world - and humbled. Sometimes, we do manage to get carried away in the moment and that's okay. How many times have we lost ourselves in a good book and lost track of time? It happens and naturally so.

I noticed someone originally said they feel helpless against the events that are going on in-game. I have always say that often, Underlight emulates the real world and in our part, we emulate our own experiences. The characters that we claim are not us do hold parts of us with their existence. There are endless possibilities to find resolutions to almost any problem that may develop in the game. Underlight is a social game and with it, we are exposed to dreamers from every walk of the dream.

You have your honorable warriors, treacherous snakes, peaceful scholars, bellicose asshats, and everything in between. I've dealt with that guy at work that is the model employee and I want him on all of my shifts. I've also dealt with the know-it alls that wants to tell me how to do my job at every opportunity. And I have also dealt with that annoying asshat that I want to fire but he does his job so I tolerate him, and on the other side of that coin, the guy that I fire because he doesn't want to take any type of coaching or advice. The same is true of Underlight.

I have played Jiovanni with a mindset of being an honorable warrior type character that follows a strict moral code which often conflicts with his emotions. He's had to endure a lot lately with the loss of his significant other. He's been at odds with himself as he attempts to maintain control of his emotions and keeping true to his beliefs. I have played other characters with a wide range of approaches. I played elders. I played teachers. I played villains. I played dark mares. And I have to say, it takes a certain type of individual with a committed approach to play a character like Lu Chaos.

I will never tell anyone how to play their character. However, I do often say that your rights end where another individual's rights begin and that line is sometimes blurred. When do we determine when enough is enough or when too much is well too much. We listen to feedback and we may wish to compromise. We are playing a game together, a shared enjoyment. However, our goal should never be to strip that enjoyment from others to bolster our own. As a GM and as a player, I often find myself looking at angles from every direction imaginable.

As a player, I would be pretty upset if someone is constantly attacking me at every possible moment. Everything is good within moderation. However, when you start crossing lines, you have to reconsider your options and your direction. I would be even more upset if I see the same is going on with my friends. We should learn to compromise and make the game more enjoyable for us all as a whole.

That's it for me now but another comment I wish to address... there has been no instance in the game where a player has been struck against his or her will. Lothrick was a GM character that the controller felt its purpose would be best served to introduce a greater threat. Kaihan was not a planned event but the controller did consent much to Jiovanni's dismay. It opened up another level of intrigue and danger that the game was lacking. The threat is still present and viable. However, you pretty much have to be practically begging to get struck complete with neon banners and blinking lights saying "STRIKE ME".