Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

To bring back old or start anew

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

To bring back old or start anew

Post by Dakkoth »

Seriously struggling to make up my mind on whether to log on again as Dakkoth or start a new character. Dakkoth brings with him a lot of baggage and held roles of responsibility. I honestly just want to play a supporting role and add to the enjoyment of Roleplaying.

Anyone else made a similar decision in the past? I'm welcoming any and all feedback on the matter. PM me if you don't wish to publically disclose anything.

~Mike
FrigginAwesome
Dreamer

Re: To bring back old or start anew

Post by FrigginAwesome »

I struggle with a similar decision almost each and every time I log in, though my toon has fewer responsibilities than most.

In my experience, a new toon is a nice distraction, and highly entertaining at first, but it's difficult to make it stick. I always end up wanting to go back to my old ways.

Could work, and either way it's fun, and a breath of fresh air for the dream.

Give it a shot, I say. If it doesn't work out, Dakkoth is still fun. :)
Cherokee
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Jade

Post by Cherokee »

I've felt the same way several times in the past. I started playing Jade less and created alts to be my fun and silly characters. Though, each time I ended up returning to my main because I invested so much time into the character and grew attached.

If you still want to play and don't feel like building up a new character, the best thing to do would be to change up Dakk's RP a bit. The character has a right to change what he wants to do and shouldn't feel the need to fit in a forced role. Often when I wanted to change Jade's behavior in the game, I'd come up with something that happened to her on her shard.

Then again, playing new characters can be refreshing too.
23:48:24: Laviticas: (( I am going to ****ing say this now because I will not be back in the stupid game.)

22:44:20: >Jawsman evokes his own dreamquake, which is bigger than Magnilia's dreamquake.
Dina

Post by Dina »

I know this feeling all too well. Considering I have 4 chars, 2 6th spheres, 1 5th, 1 4th sphere, 1 Master Teacher and 1 half teacher, hopefully soon to be full teacher. My higher spheres usually tend to drama and what not while I keep my other alts for just "fun". Unfortunately I don't play them very often. I get too wrapped up in my main chars.

You have options though. You could bring back Dakkoth and change things. If it doesn't work out, try a new alt, BUT people are pretty much forgiving in UL. I know Dina or Kailee would for a fact be ok with Dakkoth after they talked, if you wanted to befriend them. Up to you!
Dakkoth
Keepers of the Eternal Shadow

Post by Dakkoth »

Thank you all for the feedback. It has helped me greatly. Whilst I work on getting the PC and client working, I shall be pondering ideas for a return RP...new, old, or both.

I have a feeling I will be spending weeks just trying to figure out what's going on IG again. See you IG soon!

~Mike

P.s. Feel free to PM me if you have any ideas or info to toss my way...RP related of course :D