Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Bad emotes...

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Dina

Bad emotes...

Post by Dina »

01:02:13: Tthe starlight Evernight sky beholds a projectile picking up speeding toward you. BLAM! A green gak splatters all over of the squid wall of the Facade.
01:33:05: A large bubble releases from the gak held tight to the squid emblem and bursts spilling across the Facade.
01:35:53: Aileron: they are really going to call us squids now

Not once, but twice using derogatory terms in an "emote" and by a GM. Maybe they were "trying" to be funny, but it wasn't. As you can see, someone was not happy. Seems like double standards all the time.
Koi-Shadow

Re: Bad emotes...

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Our apologies.

The raws were provided by a new GM and they weren't intending for it to be taken as an insult. They were neither mad nor annoyed. It's been cleared up now and we shouldn't be making any more DoLt mistakes like that again.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Lol Shadow, personally I was laughing about it and just tried to play along. I would suggest working with the new GM on "wrap ups" and a little more interactionable detail/emotes. Otherwise, was fun and had us going "WTF" for a bit there :)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

My bigger issue would be the use of improper targeting in an emote. Let's not enable bad emotes by players by having raw emotes with 'you' in it.
Arnaya
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Arnaya

Post by Arnaya »

Broad strokes first as my old art teacher would say ;)
The most important lesson I've learned over this past year, is not to let anyone make you cruel. No matter how badly you want to give the world a taste of it's own bitter medicine, it is never worth losing yourself.