Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

House MB

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Dina

House MB

Post by Dina »

I was just told tonight that there are now rules on giving out XP on these? I am just wondering why the GM's are getting involved in this? I thought it would be up to the house on how they want to distribute the XP? It is a perk...

There are times when you should let the players do what they want on such small matters like this. I mean some rules are great and fine, but something like this? I guess I don't get it. Nit picking everything in game just isn't good. So far, I have had a great time since I decided to come back, so I haven't had any complaints, but when I heard this, I was just shocked.
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Re: House MB

Post by Shoury »

Something about hoarding millions of energy and gaining orbits without trying after being sphered.

Too many cases of:

a) "XP, kek"
b) "energy, kek"
c) "hi, good work"
d) "yoooo"
e) "for services"

There needs to be a roleplaying legitimate reason for gaining energy through boards now, due to how it was used before - the population tended to use it for purposes not originally intended.
Dina

Post by Dina »

Yeah I suppose so, just comes across nit picking to me though. Oh well.
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

Dina wrote:I was just told tonight that there are now rules on giving out XP on these? I am just wondering why the GM's are getting involved in this? I thought it would be up to the house on how they want to distribute the XP? It is a perk...
We reserve the right to intervene when abuse of any in-game function occurs on any level. The 'perk' in question fell under scrutiny after it was revealed that the mission boards were being inappropriately used by members of the community.
There are times when you should let the players do what they want on such small matters like this.
Players are afforded a wide range of freedom on several levels. Even small matters have every bit the potential to grow into critical violations of wanton abuse.
I mean some rules are great and fine, but something like this? I guess I don't get it.
It's been spelled out in black and white in the game and everyone else seems to get it just fine and overall, the changes have been accepted with positive feedback. The rules we have outlined for this issue will be followed or otherwise, be revoked. No exceptions. This was decided long ago after it became apparently necessary that this 'perk' could not be left alone without supervision.

That will be all. The thread will be locked to avoid any potential fallout. Any attempts to continue this issue on another venue will result in loss of forum privileges. The author has made her point and given enough justification to satisfy their inquiry. End of story.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”