Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Logs on board

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
LoGiX
Dreamer

Logs on board

Post by LoGiX »

First of all, everything that was shown was in character. I didn't know there was a rule about logs on the board. If so I apologize because I couldn't not find one. Lastly if that's the case the post could have been moved instead it was deleted. 32 people read it i'm sure that included other staff members. I'm not one to go breaking rules.
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Re: Logs on board

Post by Shoury »

heyy0s
Last edited by Shoury on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoGiX
Dreamer

Post by LoGiX »

Dreamers,

We have decided to introduce two new forums that may be utilized "In-Character". The remainder of this post will give a brief explanation of each as well as some ground rules that must be followed in order to prevent the desire to push more and more content out of the game itself. Without further adieu:

Notices and Edicts

The purpose of this forum is to provide users a place to put short bits of information that they would like to be broadcast in a public space. The idea is for these posts to supplement the MoTD system in many ways. The following restrictions will be placed upon this forum:

Users will be able to create new threads, however the ability to reply to threads will be disabled.
Posts will be automatically removed after 7 days.
To discourage "flame wars" and other actions that serve to bring roleplaying outside of the game we will be actively monitoring for attempts to circumvent the rules of the forum. As an example:

Any attempt to reply to a post by creating a separate thread will be deleted and result in progressive punishment up to and including an IP ban from the forums.

Archive of the Awakened

The purpose of this forum is to provide users a more permanent extension of the Library of Dreams. This is a place for user generated content of nearly any sort. As above, there are some restrictions:

Users will be able to create new threads, however the ability to reply to threads will be disabled.
New posts will be reviewed by a moderator and approved/disapproved for publishing.

Posts from this forum will be randomly selected to populate a portion of the re-vamped homepage (http://www.clashofdreams.com) where there are currently "tiles" linked to lore articles. Those authors of those articles selected will be asked to provide an appropriate screenshot to accompany their work.

Clear Dreams,
Raven

I believe the only rule that was broken was the fact someone replied to it in another forum. My post was in the correct spot cause i wanted in game dreamers to know why i was no longer in the house, and my opinion on it. This was not a personal opinion or and "OOC" thing. Logs were used to insure accuracy.
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Logs are OOC, your character does not have a perfect memory, with timestamps, of everything that has ever been said inside of Underlight. They are not allowed to be posted on the IC forums at all. You are welcome to write up summaries of what was said in a story format and post that to IC forums, but anything with logs on the IC forum will always be deleted.

The rule about replying to other posts is in regards to making another post on the notice board in response to somebody else's. As said in the rules, this is "To discourage "flame wars" and other actions that serve to bring roleplaying outside of the game."

You will also not find many logs on the OOC forums either. In general, we do not want everyone to have access to that information to avoid potential OOC crossover. If there's a small quote from logs or something of that nature that serves a point, possibly, but anything negative will likely be locked or deleted.
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

Logs timestamps on the board as far as I know doesn't apply to Edicts and Notices or the Awakened Scrolls, and if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't allowed at all in any of the IC boards.

The copy and paste isn't the way to get a point across.Creatively writing around the scenarios happening has always been encouraged. I have seen some pretty fine stories in logs however, timestamps arent in stories.. times and dates in general are.
Example : Around 2:31 Pm on Tuesday a dreamer seen an Emphant jumping on a wall. It actually gives others ideas on how to approach situations.
I surely don't agree with all that went down. The suggestion from the rp ruler that how one person leaving dragged other players into it unwilling who did one action (theft), trickled to anyone from that sector (SOT) to be punished for one dreamers action. That dreamer did the action and if we go off this case... then that ruler should have been responsible when their own in game brother stole the prime, the should be held accountable for that player's action.

It is the player that created the finger pointing roleplay and went on a temper tantrum demotions is the issue. The whole changing of the guard RP was poorly handled. It could have been planned and coordinated better. I think the player or players in question felt slighted, I did.

I asked for my characters demotion a few months ago when I was working too much, I was discouraged as a player from taking it. In reality.. any player involved didn't plan to exit their sector game properly because life had priority. We don't think of these things when our lives are happening in a vacuum.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Kage
Dreamer

Post by Kage »

Roleplayer wrote:Logs timestamps on the board as far as I know doesn't apply to Edicts and Notices or the Awakened Scrolls, and if my memory serves me correctly, wasn't allowed at all in any of the IC boards.

The copy and paste isn't the way to get a point across.Creatively writing around the scenarios happening has always been encouraged. I have seen some pretty fine stories in logs however, timestamps arent in stories.. times and dates in general are.
Example : Around 2:31 Pm on Tuesday a dreamer seen an Emphant jumping on a wall. It actually gives others ideas on how to approach situations.
I surely don't agree with all that went down. The suggestion from the rp ruler that how one person leaving dragged other players into it unwilling who did one action (theft), trickled to anyone from that sector (SOT) to be punished for one dreamers action. That dreamer did the action and if we go off this case... then that ruler should have been responsible when their own in game brother stole the prime, the should be held accountable for that player's action.

It is the player that created the finger pointing roleplay and went on a temper tantrum demotions is the issue. The whole changing of the guard RP was poorly handled. It could have been planned and coordinated better. I think the player or players in question felt slighted, I did.

I asked for my characters demotion a few months ago when I was working too much, I was discouraged as a player from taking it. In reality.. any player involved didn't plan to exit their sector game properly because life had priority. We don't think of these things when our lives are happening in a vacuum.
Just to clarify, there was no "changing of the guard roleplay". Some folks didn't have time to commit to a particular video game at the moment and other active players stepped up. That part of it was pretty straight-forward. As far as how other characters reacted to each move and how people took those reactions - that's another story, and better left in character IMO.
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

Sorry, Shadow, what about the fireside chats the GMS have? We have seen them be posted with time stamps. Should they be edited and time stamps be taken out if you are asked to post it as a minute keeper if asked?
Last edited by Roleplayer on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Koi-Shadow

Post by Koi-Shadow »

Those are OOC chats, posting logs from those for the people who were not there is fine.
LoGiX
Dreamer

Post by LoGiX »

Noted and understood, it won't happen agian I will type my own summary as stated.
Clarity
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Clarity

Post by Clarity »

Okay, so I've avoided posting here for quite a while, and now I'm so fed up I can't even stand it anymore.

After -weeks and months- of inactivity from people, and having to take that with a smile on her face, Clarity (and myself) found themselves B U S Y and unable to dream. The people in house who WERE ACTIVE were told, both out of character AND in character, and steps were made to try and resolve the fact that I have small children and it's the boarderline of summer. God for bid I spend time working, taking my kids to dance classes, t-ball games, recitals, birthday parties, or the park. You know - BEING AN ADULT.

On top of that? Clarity didn't have a temper tantrum. No where in her character is it written that she has to be sunshine and bunnies while people in her house go inactive for ages with out word and then show up, steal shit, throw temper tantrums of their own, and treat her and others like shit. No where is it written that she even has to explain to anyone why she's telling them to get the hell out. No where is it written that she has to be a mind reader and know every detail about every person ever, and she's fed up. She's fed up with childish people who need their ego stroked every time they dream, and any number of people would know that if they had talked to her instead of walking in, throwing a hissy fit, and then walking out with out giving her 5 seconds to react. Which is what happened in the few times I did manage to find time to log in during the last month.

Clarity doesn't have to explain shit to anyone. If she chooses to, it's because she generally cares about the people around her. She's just done caring, and honestly, It's getting to a point that so am I. The sheer level of toxicity in the player base astounds me. I -dread- logging in, because when I do I have to spend my 4 hours of available play time stroking egos and dealing with out-of-character bullshit that leaves even the GM's hands tied.

I'm tired of having to hear in character "I am busy and don't have time to be here" while watching folks log into their alts to play with the cool kids club for HOURS AND HOURS - which is fine, you're all entitled to enjoy your play time - but don't expect me not to get more and more and more pissed off about it until I snap. Don't expect me to sacrifice MY enjoyment for the sake of yours.

I'm tired of being expected to have to make time when very few others even bother. I'm tired of caring when no one else does. I'm tired of having to be sunshine and bunnies when I have to sit and take the brunt of everyone elses shitty attitude.

I'm tired of it, and so is Clarity. She doesn't have to be nice, and if your characters or your players have taken her kindness for weakness, you're going to quickly find out how very, very wrong you were.
So it’s gonna be forever, and I will stay up through the night. You can tell me when it’s over, and let’s be clear, won’t close my eyes. @-;-
Jerulan
Dreamer

Post by Jerulan »

Game has been turned to complete garbage
Koi-Wish
Founder

Post by Koi-Wish »

Ummm,

What?

I apparently am missing something.
LoGiX
Dreamer

Post by LoGiX »

Your not the only one, I'm not entirely sure as to why that post is even here?
Koi-Drama
Founder

Post by Koi-Drama »

The general point has been made and discussed at length. No further input is required.
“I try to bring the audience's own drama, tears and laughter they know about, to them.”