Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

leaving

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Brother Timothy
Dreamer

leaving

Post by Brother Timothy »

Why I am leaving, in one word bored.
Let’s face it, the game is boring. Some examples A house is under attack by a dark mare, I run up to help, get collapsed a few times (boring), and then spend the next several days hunting, recharging, hunting (more boring) to recover my lost items and experience. I could do tasks to advance arts (boring). I could teach (not boring) oh wait, my train is only 29, I can’t do bundle tasks, and there are a lot of teachers so that’s pretty much out. I know, the GM tried to help me with that, and I do appreciate it. RP’s there not boring! Let’s go talk to the bad guy with a halo! Maybe I could get a task for forge from him, or even the forgers mark, set up a dark forgers circle. That would be a great RP to be involved in! Walk in and everyone is shooting because that is all the one dimensional cartoon bad guy is good for (boring). Try to get involved with killing him, oh wait that was some ones sphere task you say and so your involvement is not needed (boring)? Wait I could learn forge! Do boring stuff to show I can be creative, to get an art to make mostly useless things, and attend really boring meetings. I did consider joining a house. Easy EXP, easy items, power tokens so I could actually use forge to make something useful. But I think that would turn boring too.
Now you may have heard something different so here is the story.
I decided to leave awhile back. Maybe not leave the game as a controller but definitely retire my character. I was sharing my decision with my characters in game friends. One of them said OH NO don’t do that! And I said why not? Turns out this character was in love with my character. Who knew? Not me. So promises and agreements were made between controllers. Vows were made between characters. It was great, working with someone else made everything better. Boring tasks became fun, boring hunting became a chance to learn about another. My character fell in love with hers and I became friends with the controller. All of that changed when her controller decided to have her character cheat on mine. That was a problem, see my character had promised to not leave her, that she would have to tell him to leave if she wanted him gone. Unlike her controller and character, I and my character keep our vows and promises. I was raised old school that way, the only folks who don’t are liars and politicians. Eventually she told my character to leave and now I can go. Of course I could stay and play the jilted lover (boring AND depressing). I did make one other promise to her controller and character. Seeing how I liked spending dream time with them so much. I promised that if she wants me back that all she has to do is tell me. My character will without hesitation forgive hers, and be with her again, because that’s what you do when you love someone and they have made a mistake. So I might be back, after all how long can a relationship started with lies and betrayal last?
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Re: leaving

Post by Loathed »

Seeking professional help, not boring.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus
Shoury
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Shoury

Post by Shoury »

Eros wrote:Aren't you married IRL?
Ouch.
Sidas
Developer
Character Name(s): Dreiko

Post by Sidas »

I'm not sure you can really complain about a low train level in this version. I've gone from 9->50 in this version. Thunderman has gone from 9->70(?). This is a game where you have to put effort in to get things. Some of those things are boring, though, it's also a game where you ca influence what you do. Just do it.

tl;dr; Stop being emo and get shit done.
Braelynn
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Sidari Kai

Post by Braelynn »

It sounds like you play UL for all the wrong reasons.
Owner of the infamous Night Dress and WishBringer's heart
Cianne
Dreamer

Post by Cianne »

I don't find it boring at all...I really am not interested in tasking and/or advancing or "QRP"........and there is still LOTS to do.

I find a LOT of really fun GM interaction (waaay more than in the "old days"), a lot of excellent role playing from EVERYONE and really don't have any boring moments. Maybe you are "playing" for the wrong reasons...... :roll: and yes...what Sidas said...advancing in this version is much easier from what I've seen, if that is what you're after..
~Practice patience and silent reflection in a moment of anger ~ It will save you infinite moments of regret~
Roleplayer
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Liolira

Post by Roleplayer »

I was not going to pipe in, however this is really scary this behavior. Both In and out of Character you are now making a player uncomfortable. You seen to think this kind of behavior is okay. I hope the gms take this seriously. :( To the female player that is at the end of this IC/OOC harassment, I am sorry, this is not acceptable.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." - Carl Jung
Star Scream
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Star Scream

Post by Star Scream »

Wow guys, some of you guys really suck some serious ass. Look bro, I'm sorry you had a tough go of it. These things happen sometimes and thus is why people like me and kaer GeRRoZ's controller figured out many years ago that being the bad guy and using your "mouth" and abilities as a way to entertain yourself while pissing others off can be fun and entertaining for both sides. I've spent years playing UL without advancing almost at all. I get involved in a lot of thing but they are typically all based off two simple standards, will this stay true to my character and will I enjoy myself?

You guys need to be a lot cooler. We don't have 600 people fighting to play this game right now and making somebody feel unwelcome or bad about how they feel is really immature. Even if you think something, don't post it on here. I've never really known your character Tim, since we run in differnt circles but I've always been under the impression that you were well liked so, get a shot of confidence and find a way to enjoy yourself that doesn't depend on others.
If you win the Lotto, throw me a GRAND!
coltdorsey
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Thunderman

Post by coltdorsey »

Sidas wrote:Thunderman has gone from 9->70(?).
11-59
Janus
Dreamer

Post by Janus »

I agree completely with Star Scream's controller.

You'll find no greater an advocate for the separation of controller and character than me. If you adhere to that philosophy, then kudos. In my opinion, you have met the minimum requirements for starting the Underlight client (in accordance with the Third Rule). However, you are far from entitled to sit in judgement of another player. None of us are. After all, it takes two to break the IC/OOC threshold... no puns there.

A few points I'd like to make:

- If some semblance of abuse was taking place, I believe that the GMs are aware of it and addressing it. If Wish's recent post is any indication, many of you are in contact with Koi on a frequent basis. I have little doubt that they are well informed and no doubt that they are capable of dealing with such situations as they arise.

- One of our fellow players took the time to format the text of the original post in order to prove some point (good job at English, by the way), but did not substantially contribute to the discussion. Another thought it was helpful to reveal irrelevant personal details about a controller for a reason that I cannot discern. Again, this individual failed to contribute in a meaningful way to the topic. This is the essence of trolling.

- I first played this game as a child (physically, mentally, emotionally). Since that time I have graduated college and gone to war in both Iraq and Afghanistan. For me, this game is equal parts nostalgia and escapism. However, as a reasonable person, I have the capacity to understand that this game may not serve the same function for me as it does for you, my fellow players. Because this is not my game and does not serve my purposes (as it doesn't serve yours), I empathize rather than judge.

"... aren't paragraphs fun? I would have corrected the grammar, such as the excessive use of commas but I'm not that bored."

Maybe you could have borrowed one? I'll let you figure out where it should go.