Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Scripted Do0m

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Loathed
Dreamer
Character Name(s): Magnilia

Scripted Do0m

Post by Loathed »

Just a reminder:

There has been a lot of discussion lately that has made mention of dreamers standing around and doing nothing. In keeping with this I hear it said quite often 'IC' "I didn't know what was going on." or "I didn't know what to do." In some examples I can say, fair enough. Generally speaking though there is not and there should not be, a script. Having an idea of where you would like a story arc to go, or what item to be made, is perfectly acceptable but it should not be a 'hard limit.'

Instead of the whispering, sniggering, smirking (sorry smirk pro's) try acting out the confusion, trepidation, and most of all the willingness to participate in what is going on around you. Your character is a vibrant creature and every story arc is in and of itself a choose your own adventure, don't be afraid to let your character act organically. Chances are no one is going to yell and scream at you for jumping in, so pull up a chair.

Also, and I ask this not just for myself but for everyone, but if you're only contribution to any given scenario is acerbic commentary or participation - just don't. Contrary to the propaganda out there not everyone is entertained by this sort of behaviour. Let's not act stupid here, we are all very much able to tell the difference in legitimate interaction and spiteful instigation.
A man's character is his fate. - Heraclitus