Underlight Discord Chat: http://discord.underlight.com/
Production Server: Online (Version 3.1.15)
Player Test Realm Server: Offline (Version 3.1.15)

Choose Your Adventure

This out of character forum is for discussion of roleplaying, how to roleplay and roleplay coordination.
Koi-Serenity
Roleplay Lead

Choose Your Adventure

Post by Koi-Serenity »

Happy New Year, dreamers! It is now 2023, who would have thought UL would still be alive and kicking this long? I’m so happy that you all still play with us and glad to see so many new and returning faces. Welcome in and welcome back!

As we roll into the New Year, I would like to take this time to introduce something else that’s new. I know most of us have a love/hate feeling when it comes to major story arcs. Sometimes they take too long or seem one sided to one group over another because it’s not the other’s cup of tea. I’d like to change that. We won’t be doing away with them entirely, we’ll just be shining a light on more frequent and smaller stories.

My goal for this is to remind everyone that UL’s storyline is in the player’s hands almost as much as it is the Gamemasters. If there is something you have been aching to roleplay out, you do not have to ask us for permission or wait for our presence/support. There is a constant misconception that leading “events” must be arduous and therefore not worth the effort. I’m also hoping we can change that perception and let your imaginations run wild.

With that said, I’d like to introduce to you all: Choose Your Adventure

CYA is intended to be a series of player influenced minor story arcs that change every other month. The story arc options will be a mix of past player suggestions, new player suggestions, and GM ideas. (Please note that any ideas may be tweaked at the Roleplaying Team's discretion.)

The months in between each CYA will be to focus on other story threads and give the team time to work on the next. I will personally select the top three ideas to be polled by the community. The story/theme with the most votes will begin at the start of the next month.

These ideas do not have to be -and preferably should not be- fully thought out with every little detail. Leave some wiggle room for us to fill in the blanks, so even you can be surprised and react organically.

Please submit your ideas via email at roleplaying@underlight.com

I will see you all soon in the Dream!

Cheers,
Koi-Serenity
Roleplay Lead